Chapter 24- Continue?

I followed close behind him, as he walked up, and turned on the keypad. Hopefully Chiaki's code was the correct one... I could see the machine gun fixed above the door, and I could tell it was loaded. *beep beep beep beep beep beep*. He typed in the code, and then pulled down the lever by it. We both took a few instinctive steps back, as the motors and gears began to creak to life. And to my horror, the machine gun began to move. I was frozen in my place, too terrified to move, but Komaeda had the nerve to jump in front of me, as if to get shot for my sake. I had enough time to shut my eyes. Then... There was silence. When I looked up, I saw that the gun was simply moving out of the way, so the door could open. "Huh. That was really anticlimactic." He shrugged, and walked through the open doorway. I just stood there, my heart racing. Komaeda turned around, smiling. "What you waiting for? Come on. Let's go." I shook my head to clear the fog in my mind, and followed him, still dazed. He could have died. He could have literally died. Still... I was so damn happy he didn't. I ran up to him, and threw my arms around his waist. "Don't do something so stupid again!" I insisted, squeezing his middle fiercely. He chuckled. "I'd do anything to protect you."

~~Author's Note~~
This isn't even really a chapter... It's just like the bad end, but shorter, and actually going to be continued. So this one's really short to kinda get you off the cliffhanger and then that's it. I don't leave people hanging. At least... Not often. So yeah, next chapter will be soon, so don't panic...

-MadiWritez