Chapter 6

Lysander tapped his foot against the porch steps. He thought his head would explode like a pie with too much yeast. His cup was full to the point it overflowed.

Lysander felt heartbroken, bitter and lustful at the same time.
Never had he wanted someone so much, coming so close to getting it to have it dragged away.

Frustration overrode his system. He wanted Sofia,so,so badly but she was a murderer of his friend's family.

The same friend that confided in him on how he sought vengeance, the same friend he made a vow to help.

And here it was right in Augustus' face and he couldn't see it.

Lysander stood up abruptly pacing his brows furrowed in concentration.

He needed time.To think. To decide. It was sunset and he knew Augustus would be back from his trip by sunrise...

Like a madman Lysander broke out into a sprint. Like a man that all the devils in hell were chasing him.

Sofia sat on a damp log, wiping her tears with her hand, making her eyes red and puffy. She looked grossly unattractive. Her once combed hair resembled a bird's nest complete with twigs that she picked up when she was running for her life.

Everything was in shambles, broken and distorted completely out of focus. She stared out into the darkness, her face haunted
'If the cold don't kill you Augustus will'. And she could hear the cold calling her to a bitter grave.

®®®®®®

Augustus stumbled into his little house he had bought from the money he'd saved up in his younger years from the work that carried him away from his family. His family they probably thought he abandoned them he didn't mean... He shook himself as he set Eloise on the sofa and wearily fell in the opposite chair.

His eyes again landed on the slim little personage that had unknowingly bewitched him.

Augustus felt a a growing pain in his cranium. He made a groaning sound to wake her up because she was staring at him emerald eyes searching.

She got up crossing the distance between them and placed a gentle hand on his forehead

"Your burning up" she said firmly

"I'm fine" Augustus said harshly he wasn't used to anyone caring for him not since his family...

He closed his eyes wishing his thoughts away. He felt a warm hand on his cheek he set his dark gaze on someone that he doesn't know but feels like is there for him.

"Your not well, sit down" Augustus wasn't used to instruction but he felt like this girl was in control. He sat down his eyes following her fluid movements.

In a minute she was back with hot water and a cloth. And began to wipe his brow. Augustus stared at her blatantly

"Why are you looking at me like that" Eloise said blushing. Augustus just smirked at her. She just blushed harder. He realized he liked having her here. He liked it a lot.