Chapter 32: Shocked

He shocked me with that move. He just kissed me. That's when I knew he had loved me. My friends were shocked. They just stared in awe at what was happening. The group of people had turned our way. One of them had pointed us out. Everyone was staring, and I didn't know. After a minute, he pulled back and smiled. I smiled back, despite my tear-stained face. We knew we had to go back home, but we had one more thing to do in the city of horror.
     We changed into our bird forms and flew to Angel's house. I had to help Skylar a bit, since he was trying to fly with a shot arm and chest. I didn't care about my hurt arm anymore.
     After getting to Angel's house, we changed back and knocked. We got an immediate response, as if she was expecting us.
     She gasped when she saw our clothes. "Oh my god! Come in and tell me what happened. My mom's not home, so you're fine." She let us in and seemed to be reading our minds, because a scared and horrified look came across her face.
     "What happened?!" she yelled. "Why am I seeing bloody people and kissing?!"
     "Long story," I said. She saw me and Skylar were holding hands, and she guessed what the kissing part was about. "What is all this blood about?!" She saw Skylar's clothes and gasped. "You're arm! And chest! They have holes! Were you shot?!"
     "Yes," he replied plainly. She ran and came back with a ton of clean clothes for all of us.
     We changed and told her about the whole thing. When I heard my friends' part of the story I was about to cry. I didn't know what had happened to cause the gun shots, and hearing it was horrible. He could have died.
     "Rough day," she said. "At least you guys are alright."
     "But you know what we have to do now," I said. "It's time to go home."
     She ran and hugged me. "I'm gonna miss you," she whispered. "I'm gonna miss all of you." She hugged all of us, being careful with Skylar, and gave us some food to help us get started with our lives again.
     "We wouldn't have survived without you," I said as she led us out. "We owe you big time."
     "You owe me nothing. The experience of meeting you guys was already amazing. I wouldn't want anymore than that." Right then, I got an idea.
     "I have a way that you can remember us," I said. I changed into a hawk and plucked one of my feathers and gave it to her. My friends did the same. She smiled with joy. "Ok, this is so cool! I'm gonna keep these forever!" We changed back and smiled.
     "Please come back to visit if you can," she said, clutching the feathers close to her chest. "I want to see you guys again."
     "We can try," I said. We hugged one more time, then we changed into our bird forms and took off over the city. I had a feeling we would be seeing it again soon.