8. The Day After

Draco's POV•

The morning sun shone over our bed as my eyes fluttered open.

I yawned and looked down to see my hand entangled in Hermione's and smiled happily.

"Mione." I whispered, kissing her forehead.

"Hmmm?" She mumbled cutely, keeping her eyes shut.

"We've got to go to classes." I said, caressing her cheek as she rolled over to face me.

"But I wanna stay here with you!" She whined, sleepiness laced through her voice.

I chuckled.

"And have a repeat of last night?" I smirked.

She blushed a deep red.

"I had fun last night Draco, I really did."

"I did too Mione." I said, kissing her neck.

She giggled and pushed me away.

"What?" I whined, attempting to pull her back to bed as she stood up.

"You said so yourself, we have classes to attend."

I huffed and stood up And walked to the bathroom.

"Hey! I called bathroom first idiot!" She squealed, trying to push past me.

"Who are you callin idiot?" I growled.

She kissed me hard and slyly slipped past me, leaning out the bathroom door.

"You. But you're my idiot!"

I rolled my eyes and settled back into bed.

I still could not believe that I used to hate her. She was so beautiful, both inside and out. How could someone you had wanted to kill a few years ago be the only person you want?

I guess Dumbledore was right, love really is the most powerful force on Earth. Hell, it was strong enough to keep Harry alive even after death.

After Hermione finally finished her shower, we quickly got ready and hurried down to the Great Hall.

Ginny greeted Hermione with a hug and suddenly regret began creeping in.

What if she gets pregnant? What if she can't attend classes? What if she hates you if you do get her pregnant?

"Draco? Are you okay?" Harry asked, disrupting my thought process.

"Oh y-yeah I'm fine." I stuttered with a sigh.

"Anyways, we were saying that if Ginny has a boy, we are going to name him James Sirius Potter." Harry said with a grin as Ginny rolled her eyes.

"I lost the naming bet." She huffed. "If it's a girl we agreed on Lily Luna Potter."

"I think those are beautiful names." Hermione said with a grin. "Y'know, Draco and I haven't really discussed names yet."

"Well if we have a girl, I thought her name would be Amber Narcissa Malfoy." I replied and the whole table quieted.

"It's still a work in progress." Hermione said with a slight chuckle.

Was it not acceptable to name one of my children after someone I loved?

"Well I suppose we should be off to class." Hermione said, breaking the uncomfortable silence and dragging me away from the table.

"What did I do?" I hissed.

"You just can't mention those names around them!" Hermione said.

"Do you think I was ever allowed to say your name?" I yelled.

Tears sprung to Hermione's eyes.

"Oh God Mione-I just-It just-I-"

"This marriage is very close to being just to keep magic in my life, and not to love you." She hissed before storming out.

I buried my hands into my face.

She'll never love you.

I wanted her and only her. I needed her.

"Hermione!" I yelled, pushing aside the students.

"Hermione!"

I saw her slowly turn around. I skidded to a halt in front of her.

"Draco, what are you-?"

"Hermione, I know it's early but I need you. I'd be so lost without you. I can't imagine not waking up with every morning and not seeing your smile during class. I love you Hermione. I know this is sudden but," I slid on to one knee and took out the familiar box in my back pocket. "Will you be my wife?"

Tears finally spilled from her eyes.

"Draco, oh my- Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" She cried as I slid he rin on her finger. "It's beautiful!"

Claps and cheers erupted from the students.

Hermione smiled as I pulled her into a kiss.

"I need you too Draco." She whispered.

"Off to class! Get on with it!" McGonagall yelled.

"Congratulations, Draco and Hermione." She said, giving Hermione a quick hug.

And with that we took off happily engaged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione's hand intertwined with mine as her ring caught the moonlight.

"I love you Draco." She whispered as she kissed my hand.

"I love you too Hermione."

She sighed as she rubbed my hand.

"What's wrong?" I asked, suddenly concerned.

"What if I'm a terrible mother when we have a kid?" She looked up at me.

"Hermione, what are you talking about? You practically died protecting Amber that one day! You'll make a perfect mother!"

"Really? You think so?" She asked in disbelief.

"I know you will." I smiled, kissing her.

"Wait, why are you asking about all this Hermione?" I panicked as fear of her being pregnant seeped in.

"I-I'm not pregnant but um..."

She paused with a sigh.

"What?" I asked.

"Draco, I'm ready to have kids with you. I want to have a kid."

"We will Hermione! In the future, we have to."

"I know but I mean like-"

"Now, Draco." She blurted as my whole world lit up.

The love of my life wanted to start a family.

"You're sure you're ready?" She nodded and I started kissing her.

"Let's have a repeat of last night." She said with a giggle.

"I can make your wish come true my dear." I joked as we laughed and began repeating the best night of our lives.