10. Sick Days and Headaches

•Draco's POV•

I woke up with a pounding headache.

"Mione?" I mumbled weakly.

"Draco!" She fell on top of me in a panic. I moaned slightly.

"What the hell happened?" I asked, looking at her with concern.

Her face was streaked with tears and she was extremely pale.

"Draco, I need you to calm down before I tel you this again, okay?"

I nodded, confused.

"I am pregnant." She said slowly, fear coming through in her voice a bit.

"Pr-pregnant." I tested the word.

Hermione nodded with a slight smile. I couldn't believe I was going to be a father. We weren't even married yet. Hermione seemed to be handling this oddly well. I was scared out of my mind. How was I going to do this and do it well?

"Draco, McGonagall and Pomfrey have offered to help us. They're gonna help us both through this."

I sighed a bit in relief. I know they would help keep Hermione on track with her school. I don't know if they could help me through this emotionally.

"Mione, I need some... time. I need something." I said, pushing her off me lightly and getting up.

"Oh-okay." Hermione said, slightly confused and a bit hurt.

"I'm excited for the baby, I promise. I just can't process it all right now. Okay?" I walked over and grabbed her hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

She smiled a little, a bit of hurt still showing in her eyes.

I kissed her cheek and left quickly.

~~~~~~~~

I sat with Harry in the corner of the Hog's Head.

"I'm just so... confused and lost. I don't know how to get through it Harry!"

He laughed a little.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just everyone always thought Hermione and Ron were supposed to end up together. Yet, you and Hermione did. Hermione is way more lost and confused than you could ever be. Especially now."

I thought over his words carefully.

He was right. Hermione was probably way more of an emotional train-wreck than I was. She probably thought I didn't want her or  the baby because of the way I treated her earlier.

"Harry, I screwed up."

"You screwed up? Dude, I left Ginny alone with the baby. I snuck out while she was napping. All for you, ya' dummy." He playfully punched me in the arm and I laughed.

"Well if you have a black eye the next time I see you, I'll know why." I said with a nod.

"So, you want a boy or girl?" He asked jokingly.

"A girl."

"Are you stupid? Girls are so much harder!" Harry yelled in disbelief.

We both laughed, neither of us really ready for parenthood quite yet but ready to try anyways.

~~~~~~~~

I opened the door quietly.

I raced to the bedroom when I heard crying.

"Mione?" I asked, entering the room.

"Yo-your home, uh." She stumbled over her words, wiping her tears.

I walked over and hugged her. As soon as I did, the tears began to fall freely.

"You do-don't want the, our baby d-do you?" She cried into my shoulder.

"Hermione Granger," I said, lifting her chin up to look at me. "Now you tell me, why in the world would I ever not  want our baby?"

She laughed a bit at my lopsided smile and kissed me on the lips.

"Well you kinda freaked out on me earlier. I kinda thought you ran out on me." She said, almost a bit guiltily.

"I would never  leave you Mione." I kissed her forehead and rubbed her back soothingly.

She smiled and held my hand, giving me a reassuring squeeze.

"I trust you Draco." She said with a nod.

"I trust and love you Hermione."

"I love you too Draco."

We sat in silence for a few moments, trying to process and justify the day we'd had together.

"I think it's a girl Draco."

"I would love a girl." I said with a smile, Hermione's face lighting up.

"Really? I thought you'd want a boy." I shook my head against her hair.

"Whatever we get I'll be happy with." I said as Hermione smiled.

We spent the night envisioning what our child would look like and laughing.

This baby was just going to make us even closer than we already were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter!

I've been having issues with my account but they are now fixed and weekly updates will be on the way!