Blood

I heard Dan behind me "Thanks. You never know what's in here. Not even me." I stop and stare at him "I could have DIED! Why am i even here? I don't want to be here." He stares at me "I know you don't. But we need you. We need your help." I look at him strangely and ask "who's we?"
"My people. My family. Everyone who lives in this forest." He replies "I thought there was only monsters and evil in this forest or woods or whatever it is." I say to him "There is but there's also good people. Well not really people but there alive" as he says this I look down and see blood. "Dan shut up" I say "Excuse me but I wa-" I covered his mouth and pointed to the blood. He nods understanding what I was meaning. It go and ducked down and I see a girl crying all bloody. I whisper "Hello? Are you ok?" She looks over at me and screams "GET AWAY FROM ME! DONT HURT ME PLEASE!!" I cover her mouth. "Shhh shhh it's ok we're here to help you." I remove my hand and she's nods. "Come on let me help you out of there." I grab her hand and helps her out of the vines she was hiding in. "I'm Ariel and this is Dan. What's your name?" She looks up and says "I'm Kassady." I smile and say "Kassady were gonna get you out of here ok?" My necklace blinks a little more. I grab her hand and shine the flashlight.