Luke

Hi :)
Just saying, before you start, that this story was my very first and it was rushed. It was very disorganised and quick, kind of like a warm-up for my next story. So, please, only read if you really want to read it.

Thanks, Camara xx

First day at my new school. Breathe, Luke, I told myself as I looked into the mirror. Green eyes stared back at me, haunted and sad. I tried to brighten up my stare but nothing changed. I hoped that this year could be a new year, filled with more hope and joy than last year. Last year. I closed my eyes as the memory fights it's way into my brain again.  I could still hear the screaming.
"NOOO!!! Mum, Dad, wake up! Open your eyes, please, don't leave me..."
Tears threatened to spill but I refused to cry again. I beat the memory away with a mental stick. Now wasn't the time to relive the accident. I had a life to get on with, but as a new person. As the son my parents would've wanted me to be. I may still be Luke, but I wasn't going to visit the principal every hour. Not this year.
"Bye, Aunty Liz!" I called as I headed down the hallway, towards the door that suddenly looked so tall. Aunty Liz ran out of the kitchen and gave me a huge hug.
"Enjoy your first day! Make sure you be good and make some friends," she ordered and wagged her finger in my face. I rolled my eyes and prepared myself for a short walk to my new school.