Cathryn

The moment I found out about Luke's aunt, I begged Mum to take me to the hospital. I had to see him. Eventually, she gave in.
Rushing in to the hospital, I stopped at the reception.
"I'm here to see Luke Spaulding's aunt?" I said between my pants.
The nurse smiled sweetly. "Sorry, dear, it's only for family."
"I'm her nephew's girlfriend," I lied. But I had to. I had to see him. The nurse seemed surprised, but she led me to their room.
"Right through here."
I voiced my thanks and opened the door. Luke whipped around at the sound of he door.
"Cathryn?"
I smiled weakly. "Hey."
"What are you doing here?"
"I came to see you and your aunt. How is she doing?"
"She's not getting any better."
"I'm sorry."
He looked at me sadly. I walked over to him and hugged him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him. He stiffened, and I waited until he'd relaxed, but he didn't. I stepped back, confused.
"Luke? What's wrong?"
"Cathryn, I-" he suddenly pulled me towards him and kissed me. Fireworks exploded in my head and I kissed him back. I kissed him as if the world was about to end. I kissed him like he was the only loving thing left on the planet. I kissed him as if I loved him. Because I did. His arms encircled me and pulled me closer, until there was nothing but our clothes between us. Suddenly, he abruptly pulled away and pushed me back. Hurt, I looked at him, but he had his eyes closed.
"Luke?"
"I'm sorry, I can't do this."
He didn't look at me.
"What? What are you talking about?"
Then he opened his eyes and looked at me. I almost gasped at the hurt and anger in his eyes.
"I think you should go, Cathryn."
His voice was hard.
"What? Why are you saying this?"
"Please," he pleaded. And I left.