Cathryn

Hey peeps! This chapter is dedicated to tiggergigi123 and JaneHeard for their constant comments and all their votes :) Thank you soooo much!!

"Wake up, Kitty Cat!" Reagan shouted in my ear.
"Oh my God, Reagan, what are you doing here so early?" I groaned into my pillow.
"I'm here to prepare you for the big day."
"What big day?"
Her voice dropped into a whisper.
"The day you become the ultimate Cat."
I smiled. She really knew how to get me out of bed.
"So, first things first, your outfit," she stated and pointed to the front of my wardrobe. She'd already picked an outfit??? Gosh, how early did she come?
As Reagan chatted away about how excited she was, I pulled on my extra dark ripped jeans and a tight tank top. Definitely not my usual attire.
"Girl, you look hot! Luke won't know what hit him."
I grinned. "Time to make him regret messing with me."

After a long session of pep talk, different hair-dos, and having a filling breakfast, Reagan and I were ready to face Luke and Kimberly. The moment we stepped in, everyone seemed to look our way.
"Uh, why are they all looking at you, Reagan?"
"Gods, Cathryn, they're looking at you. It's not everyday they see you in a different outfit with your hair up."
Trying not to look awkward, I mimicked Reagan's stance and walked down to my locker.
"Oh my gosh, Cathryn! Look, Luke has already given you a regret letter," Reagan snorted as she pointed at the white piece of paper sticking out my locker.
"Don't even open it," she whispered. "I bet he's watching right now."
I let the letter fall to the ground and look back. Sure enough, Luke's haunting green eyes were watching my every move. And wait, was he checking me out? I hear Reagan giggle as his eyes travel down then back up my body.
"Make him regret letting you go? Check."

In class, Luke was constantly looking at me, but I ignored him. Or at least, tried to. He kept trying to approach me but Reagan and I somehow always found a way out of it. The lunch bell rang and Reagan and I dashed out of class straight away, but not before I heard Luke's voice.
"Cathryn, wait."
I almost turned. I almost stopped and forgave him. That's what I wanted to do. But Reagan grabbed my arm and hauled me forward.
"Ignore him? Check."

At lunch, Reagan and I sat at our usual table, and Luke got the message not to talk to us. So he sat off in the corner, watching us with sad eyes. Laughing and smiling as much as I could, Reagan seemed proud.
"Look happier without him? Check."