Ch. 22: I Hate Him

Calum's POV
•••
The Next Day

"Guys come on! We're gonna be late!" Ashton whisper shouted.

It was currently four in the morning and we had another interview. We have one more interview after this one but it's not till tomorrow night. Natalie also still hasn't woken up yet. Michael got back at around midnight last night and he's been acting very different. He's been very distant from Natalie which is strange.

"Where's my damn shirt?" I groaned, rummaging through my suitcase. "Here." Luke says, tossing me one of my plain black tee shirts. "Why did you have my shirt?" I asked, slipping it over my head. "Nothing important." He shrugged and went back to checking his twitter.

I just shake it off and start to hear mumbling. All of us stopped what we were doing and turned our attention to Natalie.

She started to shift and her eyelids slowly fluttered open to meet my brown eyes first.

"Calum?" She mumbled, obviously still tired. "Hi babe." I smiled, holding her hand and intertwined our fingers.

Luke came up and stood beside me, chuckling. Ashton and Michael were on the other side of the room. "Babe, it's really early. Go back so sleep okay." Luke says in a soft tone.

She mumbled something and turned over to her side, closing her eyes once again. Her fingers were still intertwined with mine.

I'm really happy that she didn't freak out or ask about Jc. Otherwise we'd have a whole new different issue in the morning.

"Guys, c'mon. We have to leave now." Ashton says, glancing down at his phone. 

"Alright, baby we have to go. We'll be back later okay." I tell her. She immediately turns her head back towards me and held my hand tighter.

"Please stay with me." She begged. It was so hard to not just kiss her right then and there and tell her that I'd never leave her side. But of course we have another interview! I hate putting my career in front her.

"Natalie we'll be back soon okay. Just go back to sleep and we'll be here when you wake up. No one is going to hurt you." I comfort her.
"Promise?" She asked. "Promise." I smiled before she pulled her hand back and pulled the covers over her again. "Love you baby girl." I whispered, kissing her forehead before Ashton reminds us again that we're running late.

I quickly grab my phone and look back at Natalie one last time before walking out of the hotel room.
•••
Natalie's POV
•••
*hours later*

I wake up to the bright sunlight coming in through the balcony window. I looked around the room but the guys weren't there. Wait, where are- oh yeah never mind. Memories of yesterday came back to my mind and I immediately got chills.

What if he comes back? What if he isn't alone? What if- Natalie stop. You can't think like this. The more you think like this, the more paranoid you'll get. Luke told me that no one could hurt me and I've been hurt twice since then. Calum told me that no one was going to hurt me. I just hope that this time it's different.

I got out of bed and grabbed my phone from the beside table to check the time. 10:29.

I don't want to be stuck in the hotel room. I mean I'm in London! I've always wanted it come here. I mean...I guess the guys won't mind if I go out. Its only for a couple of hours...

I walk into the bathroom and close the door, locking it. "Just in case." I whisper to myself.

I go into my music and play twenty one pilots, full blast. I strip out of my clothes and turn on the water, making it extremely hot.