Ch. 12: Two Years Ago...

Ashton's POV
•••
After Michael came downstairs and into the living room it was my turn. To be honest I was kind of dreading this. I really don't want to hurt her. When Luke came down he said that it was obvious that she was in pain and was on the verge of tears. Then when Calum went he said that she started to feel a bit weaker.

"How's she doing?" Calum asked. "Not good." Michael sighed. "She almost passed out from blood loss. However she admitted that she wasn't in too much pain."

"You're the last one Ash." Luke says, patting my back. "I really don't want to do this." I sigh, getting up from my seat. "None of us want to. But we have to. On the bright side though, she'll feel more connected to us after this is done." Michael tells us, which is true.

After this part of the process is done she'll be marked and start to feel more in love with us. That's just something that we didn't tell Natalie. We want for her to believe that she will feel in love with us on her own.

I walk upstairs and stop outside of Luke's bedroom. I take a deep breath and just think about the positives that will come out of this. I walked into the bedroom to find Natalie lying back on the bed with her eyes closed. Her skin also looked extremely pale.

"Hi Natalie." I say in a sweet tone, approaching the bed. "Hey Ashton." She mumbled, opening her eyes and looking up at me.

"Tired?" I ask, slightly chuckling. She just hums in response. "Don't worry, you can go to sleep after this." I tell her.

I pick her up and place her on my lap as I examined her neck. Four holes on the left side and two holes on the right.

"All of the pain will be gone soon. I promise." I assure her. "Okay. I love you Ashton." She whispers, looking my in the eyes. A smile spread across my face when she said that. "I love you too Nat." I say before a brush a couple of stray hairs behind her each. I kissed the side of her neck I felt my fangs brush against her skin. She didn't have a reaction so I let my vampire side take over.

My fangs pierced into her skin and I instantly could taste her blood. I tried not to take too much of her blood since she was already weak and I didn't want to hurt her. However once I heard her whimper and I immediately stopped.

When I looked down at Natalie, i can see that her eyes are closed and her skin looked even paler than before.

"This is the last thing we have to do, okay." I tell her as her eyes fluttered open again. I cut my wrist and waited till I could see the crimson red appear. I placed my wrist where her lips were parted and felt the blood slowly leave my body.

After a couple of moments I removed my wrist and stared down at her limp body. "Go to sleep sweetheart. You need it." I whisper, placing her body under the covers and then pulling them over her chest. "Sleep well Nat." I kissed her forehead and turned to talk out of the room.

•••
Natalie's POV
•••
"You need to watch the video, its the funniest thing I've ever seen!" Isabella, one of my friends tells us as she laughs. You might be confused by what I mean by "us". Well I mean me and my best friends Jade, Olivia, Elizabeth, and Isabella.

We had a free period in my math class since our teacher wasn't here so we were in the back of the room talking. "Send me the link and I'll watch it later." I tell her as the substitute teacher approaches our desks.