Chapter 6

Violet's POV

When we're inside Aunt Vika was sitting on the counter in the kitchen watching dad make dinner. She had a hand protectively on her stomach. Is she pregnant? Olive didn't say anything about that. There is a lady sitting at the table she has scars on one side of her face. I didn't recognize her.

"Dad," Blu and I say in unison. I really hope he doesn't notice that our accents are slightly off.

With that he spins around with a huge grin. "Hunter! Olive! You're back," he says putting his cooking utensils down to hug us. "How was the lodge? Did you make any friends?"

"It was awesome! And actually we did make some friends. Their names are Tyler and Ivy. They're twins from St Vlads," when I said that dad's face crumbled up in pain but it was gone so quick I'm not sure that's what it was.

"Aunt Lissa said there are surprises. Is that true?" Blu asks with excitement.

"Yes Hunter, there is. I have one and your Aunt Vika has one. I'll let you go first Vika," dad says with a smile.

"I'm pregnant! With twins! And me and Andrei are getting married!" She says with the biggest smile.

"That's awesome Aunt Vika! I'm so happy for you!" I say. I bet Olive and Hunter are going to be sad when I tell them because they aren't here.

"That's great Aunt Vika!" Blu says.

"As for the other surprise," dad says mysteriously. "I'm sure you guys have noticed her," he says gesturing towards the woman. We nod. "This is Lady Tasha Ozera. She is a friend of mine," but the way he says 'friend' makes me think she was more than that.

Wait Ozera as in Christian Ozera? Pyro's aunt who both he and mom hate? We've never met her but mom and Pyro used to go on and on about how she ruined their lives. I look at Blu I can tell he is thinking the same thing.

I put on my best smile and façade saying 'I don't hate you.' Then say "It's nice to meet you Tasha. I'm Olive and this is my brother Hunter," as I say his name he smiles but I can tell it was a forced smile.

"It's nice to meet you both," she says in an American accent.

"What's for dinner daddy-o?" Blu asks.

"I'm making a traditional American Christmas dinner. Ham, stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, and steamed vegetables."

"Why are you making an American meal?" I ask. We wouldn't mind a Russian meal. Mom cooks Russian meals sometimes. I'm pretty sure dad taught her.

"I don't know. I just felt like it," dad says. "Olive, Hunter go tell everyone that dinner is ready."

"Ok," we say together.

"Aunt Lissa, Aunt Karo, Aunt Sonja! Dinner is ready!" I yell as Blu, Paul, Zoya, and Katya walk past me into the dining room. One everyone is seated we dig in.

We've been eating in peaceful silence for a couple of minutes before I decide speak up. "So dad, how long have you known Tasha?" I ask.

"Hmm. I've known her since long before you were born. I met her about 30 years ago. Why?"

"Just curious."

After that kinda awkward conversation we continued to eat dinner. We talked a little. Me and Blu asked Tasha some questions so we can get to know her.

After dinner me and Blu went up to my room to Skype Olive and Hunter to tell them about our day.

___________________________

I'm soooooo sorry for the long wait. I'm also sorry for the short chapters. I've been trying to write. But it's been a long long couple of weeks.

Vote and comment!! Have a good week!!! Love you.

-Liv