Chapter 8

December 25, 2016 9:15

Christian's POV

Last night I woke up to Blu and Vi talking. I'm not sure if they're talk to each other or if they're on the phone. I'm pretty sure they were on the phone. I decided to question them in the morning. So I'm making them breakfast waiting for them to wake up. They over slept.

"Morning, Sparky," Vi says from behind me. Her and Blu had sat themselves at the island.

"Morning. You hungry? I made eggs sunny side up, bacon, side of toast and if you're extra hungry I made chocolate chip pancakes. That smell delicious, if I do say so myself," I said.

"Where's mom?" Blu asks.

"She's meeting with a friend this morning. And since you guys overslept she didn't want to wake you," I say. "Of course I would oversleep if I was up until after midnight making strange calls in my closet, too."

"Oh well we were talking to friends from camp they live in California," Vi says.

"Oh so you wanted to call them at a time good for them."

"Right!" Blu says.

"So you call them when it's three in the morning their time."

"You see they live in California but they are on vacation in London," Vi says with a unconvincing smile.

"Nice save," I say as I roll my eyes.

"When you're done your mother wants you to meet her at the coffee shop across the way," I say.

They each take one more bite before yelling, "Done!" In unison and running off.

I sigh, shake my head, and start to clean up the kitchen. As I'm cleaning I think of my Lissa. I still think of her. I still miss her. Just like Rose still misses Dimitri. I wonder if he has moved out of Baia. I miss Hunter and Olive, too. I wonder how they're doing.

Rose's POV

I'm sitting sipping on my coffee and talking to Adrian Ivashkov when my kids barge through the door.

"Woah! Slow down, slow down!" I laugh out. They slow to a stop and stare at Adrian. I take that as my cue. "Blu, Violet this is Adrian. You guys met him when you were little."

They give him a weird look and say, "Hello?" In unison

Adrian laughs and says to me, "Do they do that often?"

"Yes," I say. "So kids, you excited to open your presents?" I ask.

"Yes!" They shout together.

I chuckle before saying, "Well then come on." They run out. I say a quick goodbye to Adrian then follow them back home.

When I get to my house I see my kids, charge, and parents gathered around the fire singing to the Christmas songs on the radio. At times like this I really miss Dimitri, Olive, and Hunter. Dimitri would be singing along with them. I sigh before beginning to sing along to the song that just started. All I want for Christmas.

"So," I say when the song ended, after wiping away the stray tear that escaped my eye. "Who's ready to open presents?" My kids' eyes light up. Sparky looks sad, but then smiles. I can tell he's missing Lissa. Just like I miss my Comrade. My parents are just smiling at each other. "Vi, Blu get everyone one present."

They pass out one present to each person as requested. And like every other Christmas we open them at the same time. I get a new Guardian outfit from mom. Typical. Hunter got a camera from Pyro. Olive got an art kit from my parents. Pyro got a torch from me. The whole torch thing is an ongoing joke. Every year I get him something fire related and he gets me something water related. Mom got a lamp from The Old Man. And Mobster Moroi got a new suit from mom. We thanked each other and continued with the pattern.

After opening all the other presents I got an ugly Christmas sweater, a water gun, and a new dress. Fire Crotch got a spice rack that spins like a Ferris wheel, a Keurig, and an alarm clock. Mom got a lamp, a coupon for a massage, and a Christmasy picture that actually lights up. The Old Man got a Nerf gun, a book, and a special TV remote. Violet got a new comforter, a acoustic guitar with the ability to plug into an amp, an amp,  a smart phone, and a case. Blu  got a plush blanket, an electric guitar, an amp, a smart phone, and a case.

Violet and Blu said, "Thank you," together, but something was off. They had Russian accents. I gasp at the thought. I look around at everyone else. The kids have a hand over their mouth. The rest of them were looking at the kids in surprise.

"I'm going to ask a few questions and you better answer honestly," I say to the kids who nod. "Why do you have Russian accents?"

"We live in Russia."

"So that means you're not Violet and Blu, right?"

"Right," they say in unison.

"So if you look exactly like Blu and Violet, and you have Russian accents you guys are Olive and Hunter?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"Yes. I am Olive and this is Hunter," Olive says.

"How'd you get here?"

"We met Violet and Blu at the ski lodge. For some odd reason we were roomed with each other. We figured out that we aren't two pairs of twins. We are a set of quadruplets. Hunter and I wanted to meet you and Violet and Blu wanted to know dad. So we decided to switch places," Olive says.

"You do know I'll have to un-switch you. Technically Blu and Violet belong to me and you two belong to your father."

"His and her kids? Mom that sucks," Hunter said.

"I know. How 'bout we spend the rest of Christmas together and then tomorrow we'll catch a plain to Baia?" I ask. They reluctantly agreed.

We spent the rest of Christmas getting to know each other.

----------------------------------------------
Happy Holidays!! 🎄🎄🎄

Next chapter will be about Blu and Violet's first Christmas with Dimitri! I'll try to get it up for Christmas!

Love you!!!

-Liv.