Chapter 3

*Adelyne*

I wandered down to cell block D and leaned on one of the cells.

"Hey Karen."

I had grown close to Karen since we rescued and I noticed she had gotten real sweet on Tyreese. She looked up at me.

"Hey preggers, what's up?"

I shrugged and walked in.

"Not much wanted to come and visit you" I told her.

Karen chuckled and stood up.

"You seen me yesterday"

I smiled.

"I'm aware. So Tyreese-"

Karen grabbed me shushing me. I laughed she was so cute. She didn't like everyone knowing about her and Tyreese just yet.

"Shh, we seen eachother last night" she explained.

My mouth dropped.

"Did you?"

Karen shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest.

"No, he invited me back to his cell but I didn't go. I care about him, so why can't I-"

"You aren't ready that's okay. Tyreese is a great guy. And he definitely cares about you I can see that. He looks at you the way I look at Daryl. It's great, just do you, everything will work out with you guys."

------------------------------------

*Daryl*

All was well at the prison. Michonne was getting ready to go out and try go find the governor some more. I stopped looking a while ago. Adelyne and my baby became the center of my world and I was focused on them. I was talking with Sasha when a gunshot sounded but it was inside. Panic swept through me, Adelyne was inside. I took off towards a door. We ran passing the front gates.

"WALKERS IN D!" Glenn yelled.

"WHAT ABOUT C?!" Rick yelled.

"Clear we locked the gates to the tombs, Hershels on guard" Sasha confirmed.

"It ain't a breach!"

"We followed the plan."

-------------------------

We ran into D block and I took a gun from the man who was holding one. I handed it to Rick and started killing walkers along with others. People where screaming and scrabbling to get away. I seen a walker going towards a kid who was on the ground backing up. I shot the walker in the head and  grabbed the boy.

"Get up! Get back in your cell!"

"Wait! Wait! Wait!"

I turned hearing a familiar voice and looked seeing Adelyne pushing open a cell.  The scared little boy ran right to her and she craddled him and Karen closed the cell. Only to open it again when Tyreese came in yelling her name. I went back to killing walkers, then it fell silent,

"Are we clear down here?"  Rick asked.

"Yeah."

"Adelyne!"

I came bounding down the steps only to see her come out looking horrified. Her eyes scanned over the massacre of all the people. They were all people we knew. I got to her taking her face in my hands.

"Hey, baby are you okay? Are you hurt at all?"

I started to check her over. She shook her head.