Chapter 13

Sorry I took so long guys. Enjoy my book worms💙📖

*Adelyne*

Shit!

"Maggie, Maggie!"

We all ran after and stopped when we got closer. I dont know how long the bus had been sitting here. But judging by its condition it was a while. The bus looked deserted, did everyone leave? It was just then a walker smashed against the window trying to get at us. Followed by a lot more, they were all dead.

"Oh no" Bob uttered.

Maggie ran to the back of bus ready to pull the door open we pushed her back.

"I have to know if he's in there" Maggie said looking ready to cry.

"Okay, but we got to do this together" Sasha told her.

"She's right Maggs. There's too many, we let em out one by one" Adelyne agreed.

Bob, Sasha, and I all held the door. I could feel and hear the walkers banging on the door to get to us. I took a deep breath and looked at Maggie.

"I have to be here, I have to see their faces."

We nodded got ready and let out a walker slowly and closing the bus back door. Maggie would kill each one as it came out. Sasha, Bob and I tried to hold the door but it wasn't easy. When we let one out more pushed against the door making it extremely hard to close. As it came time to let another one Sasha yelled.

"Can't hold it."

Thats when the door was pushed open effortlessly by walkers. I grabbed my knife.

"Can't we have a normal day together?"

I started stabbing walkers and taking them down. I looked over and seen Maggie. She looked to be almost in a trance.

"Maggie!"

I ran stabbing my knife taking down a walker that lunged at her. I grabbed her.

"Maggie come on."

She snapped out of it and we took down all the walkers. Maggie walked through them looking to see if one was Glenn. A growl came from the bus instantly Maggie moved and I stopped Sasha from following.

"She has to do this on her own."
----------------------

I wasn't exactly sure but I'd say its been maybe two days since the bus. Glenn wasn't one of the dead walkers and for that I was grateful. He was family and Maggie would've been devastated. But now we were just kind of making circles from there. We were cutting through the woods and I would've given anything for a snack. Suddenly we seen an opening and we went for it coming to tracks.

"Look" Maggie pointed.

We all walked and seen a sign. They were tracks all leading to a place called Terminus.

"Terminus those who arrive survive" I read aloud.

"When we were on our way to the college for the meds we heard a message about this" Bob said.

We all looked at him in shock.

"They were broadcasting?"

"What did it say?" Sasha asked.

"Couldn't make it out. I only know cause I'm reading it now."

I ran a hand through my hair. Wow.

"We should go" Maggie said saying exactly what I thought.

"I thought we were looking for Glenn."

"If Glenn saw one of these signs he would go looking for me looking for him" Maggie explained.

I took in the fact that she and Glenn were also like Daryl and I. We knew what the other would do. Daryl! Maybe he was there. Safe.

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do."

"It's far and we don't know if there are other signs" Sasha said.

"You don't really think this is the only one do you? Why put up a sign if it's the only one?" I asked.

I wanted to go. I needed to.

"What do you want to do Sasha keep making these circles from the bus or starting something different? Others from the prison could be there Tyreese....want to take a vote something?" Bob asked.

Her eyes scanned over all of us.

"We dont need a vote."
-----------------------------
*Daryl*

It was shit! Everything had gone to shit! I lost Beth, she taken.

I ran down the road after the car that had taken Beth even though it was out of sight. I couldn't believe this! Beth and I had found sanctuary in a morgue but it was attacked by walkers and we barley escaped with our lives. I made her get out before me and head for the road I wanted her safe. When I got out I seen her bag and a car speeding off and now that brings me here. I slowed and collapsed to the ground and just sat there. I didn't know what to do anymore, I didn't know where to go. I wasn't sure how long I had been pondered in my own thoughts until I seen feet appear around me. I didn't even look up at these pairs of feet. As soon as a hand reached for my crossbow I threw a punch and picked it up standing ready to shoot.

"Damn it hold up!" A man said.

"I'm claiming the vest I like them wings" a man with a bow and arrow said.

The hell you are!

"Just hold up."

The man I had punched wiped his nose. He had grey hair and facial hair to match it. He looked at me and smiled.

"A bowman. I respect that, see a man with a riffle he could've been some kind of photographer, or soccer coach back in the day. But a bowman's a bowman though and through. What do you got there a hundred fifty pound draw weight? I'll be donkey licked if that thing don't fire at least three hundred feet per second. I've been looking for a weapon like that. Of course, I'd want one with a bit more ammo and minus the oblongata stains. Get yourself in some trouble, partner?..You pull that trigger, these boys are gonna drop you several times over. That what you want? Come on, fella, suicide is stupid. Why hurt yourself when you can hurt other people? Name's Joe" he said.

I lowered my crossbow and looked at him

"Daryl."
----------------------------
*Third Person*

"Run!" Sasha yelled.

Suddenly a bunch of gunshots went off and there were the sound of tumbling rocks and walkers. The only light was coming from the one flashlight they had found that still worked.

"Maggie!" Adelyne yelled.

"I'm okay, let's go!"

Everyone started running and made it to the end into the sun. Adelyne fell to her knees exhausted. They had been leaving messages for Glenn to meet us at Terminus but that tunnel sucked. Adelyne seriously thought she was going to lose her life in there.

"Well...that wasn't so bad" Bob said.

We all looked at him in disbelief.