Chapter 8

Sorry it took so long to update My loves. Enjoy ♡

2 days later*

*Daryl*

I was sitting next to Adelyne as she slept peacefully while I held my son. My idea had  worked and she was going to be okay and that's all that mattered. Her skin had went back to normal. Including the slight pink in her cheeks. My goodness I loved this woman. I don't know what I'd do without her. I looked back down at my son who slept just as soundly as his mother he still didn't have a name so I started to call him little man. He sneezed slightly and whined a bit causing Adelyne to stir from her sleep. I smiled knowing she was going to be alright. She still hadn't woken up but she moved and stirred so Hershel explained that it was a good sign. Glenn was even feeling better, still wasn't up and around but he would be okay. I adjusted my son in my arms  and he started to become fussy and cry. Shit! I tried to rock and lightly bounce him but he kept crying. I lifted him up and instantly the smell hit my nose and I became grossed out. Damn he needed to be changed. I stood up and held my breath.

"Oh geez little man. What have we been feeding you?"
------------------------
*Third Person*

Adelyne opened her eyes slowly only to have them be pricked by the sunlight. She quickly closed them groaning. Her head was pounding and she was sore. Her hands instantly went to her stomach. Adelyne shot up,  the baby! She looked to see Daryl sitting in a chair sleeping looking very uncomfortable. Adelyne shook his leg.

"Daryl" she whispered.

He didn't even stir just kept snoring. As soon as Adelyne shook him harder he jolted upright.

"Im up!"

"Shh calm down" Adelyne whispered.

He looked over and his eyes widened  in shock. Quickly Daryl closed the distance between them and placed a passionate kiss to her lips. His hands twisted in her hair and he pulled her against his chest.

"Adelyne, oh my god. I was so scared...I-I thought I was going to lose you. I was terrified. I love you so god damn much" he said as he buried his face in her neck.

Adelyne hugged him back feeling him quiver against her. When she pulled away and looked up at him he was on the verge of tears. He looked down and kissed her again.

"Daryl, the baby? Did the baby...oh god"

Daryl grabbed her by the shoulders and smiled at her.

"Our baby, our son is fine" he explained.

Instantly Adelyne broke out into sobs of joy. Her baby survived.

"I want to see him, where is he?" she asked eagerly.

Daryl chuckled and kissed.

"Okay, I'll go get him. Hes with Rick, or grandpa."

"Hey...whats his name?"

Daryl smiled.

"I wanted you to decide."

"I liked Aiden. Aiden Xavier Dixon."

Daryl  nodded agreeing and left going to get her son.
-----------------------------
3 Days later

It didn't take long for Adelyne to be up and moving around. The first thing she did was find her sister. She came across her in the cell.

"Hey Mary"

"Sup Al?" She asked.

Adelyne sat down crossing her legs.

"You're moving swiftly for a woman who had a baby three days ago" Mary told her with a shocked expression.

Adelyne chuckled leaning her head back.

"I know. It took me longer this time. With Katie I was ready to be up and moving the next day."

That's when Adelyne fell silent. Mary put her hand on Adelynes shoulder.

"Al."

"I miss her you know. I..imagine what she would look like....what she would sound like. Things would be different, Aiden would have actually knew his older sister if I didn't have to prove myself to everyone" Adelyne  confessed.

Mary slid closer to her and grabbed her sister hand and she sniffled.

"What happened was an accident. You couldn't have known, I wasn't there but it wasn't your fault. You have to stop thinking that."

Adelyne wiped away some tears.

"I carry the guilt. It hurts but it's bareable now. I have to be okay. I have my little boy now."

Adelyne stood followed by Mary. But suddenly the building shook causing them to both lose balance.

"What the hell was that?"

Adelyne looked at her.

"I don't know, come on."