Chapter 17

*Adelyne*

We were making weapons with whatever we had. I had chipped away at some wood and was making a shank and now just sharpening it. We were all focused on fighting out way out. We would take them on we had to it was the only way we could live.

"Alright we got four of them pricks headed our way" Daryl told us.

I stood and gripped the sharpened piece of wood I had.

"Alright you all know what to do go for their eyes first. Then their throats" Rick told us.

We all waited for the train car door to open and I stood next to Daryl and Abraham I was ready.  Suddenly the train car opened from the top and the light blinded us. Something was dropped in,

"Move!" Abraham yelled hearing all of us towards the back of the car.

Thats when it filled with smoke and I coughed. I felt rough hands grab me and pull me. I struggled against the mans hold bucking and kicking.

"Let me go" I screamed.

I heard everyone else yelling. I struggled as much as I could. I was pulled out into the sun and gag was put over my mouth. Instantly I started to struggle but was pushed down  my head was pushed onto the gravel. My hands were being tied behind my back and I had time to lift my head up and look. They had Daryl, Bob, Glenn, Rick and I. We were all hauled to our feet and taken away.
---------------------------------

*Daryl*

I was being dragged and of course I struggled but it didn't do me any good. I was brought to my knees in between Rick and Bob. Bob was next to Glenn and there were two others I didn't recognize. Where the hell is Adelyne? I looked at my people and around the room. That's when two other guys came in dragging Adelyne as she struggled. She kicked one of the men in the gut knocking the wind out of him.

"Watch out she's a kicker"

They got her to her knees next to Rick and she looked at us. I seen fear in her eyes and I wanted to go to her so badly.

Suddenly the man on the farest end of what looked to be a tub was hit over the head with a bat and his throat was slit. I watched as his blood poured in and down the drain. I seen Adelyne staring straight ahead her chest heaving. I pulled at my restraints but they were too tight. Fuck, we might as well be the cattle. That's when Gareth walked in with a tiny booklet.

"Hey guys what are your shot counts?" He asked.

"Thirty eight" the one man said knocking out the next guy.

The guy with the bat was about to swing. I watched as Glenn had his eyes shut twice bracing himself.

"Hey" Gareth said causing him to stop.

"Your shot count?"

The other man bounced on his heals lightly. Glenn slowly opened his eyes.

"Crap man Im sorry, its my first round up" he said.

Gareth looked down at his book.

"When you're done here go back and count the shells. We won't be gathering them until tomorrow."

"Hey" Bob said muffled. "Hey, let me talk to you."

"Five from A, 2 from D?" Gareth asked.

"Hey, let me talk to you for a minute. Let me talk to you for a minute.Let me talk to you for a minute" Bob yelled through his gag.

Gareth sighed annoyed and knelt down taking it out.

"What?"

"Don't do this. We can fix this."