Chapter 10- Consequences

Ali's POV

Ed and I were sitting together whilst we waited for Zayn and Ella to walk down the stairs, but they were taking their fricken time. Not only was it already awkward, it just maked things worse that he was such a prick to my best friend.

"I..I didn't mean it, I'm just having a bad day. That's all." Spoke Ed hesitantly.

"So what if you're having a bad day, you insensitive twat! That doesn't give you the right to treat my mate like that." I snapped at him.

"I know, I messed up. I'm sorry okay?" He apologised, his head facing downwards in sadness.

"It's not me you should be apologising to, Ella's the one you hurt." I frowned not showing any signs of sympathy.

He looked like he was about to burst into tears, his hands planted on his forehead.

"I'll go see what's taking them so long." I suggested.

Ed just weakly nodded before going back to his sobbing position.

I slowly walk upstairs trying not to make a noise, holding onto the banister for support. I cautiously walked towards the door opening it as soon as my hand touched the door handle.

Expecting to see my boyfriend and my best friend talking, I see a whole other scenario. They were kissing.

"What the fuck is going on?!" I exclaim with anger, causing them to pull away harshly.

"It's not what it looks like!" Said Zayn, but I ran out before he could explain.

I hurry downstairs grabbing my jacket along the way, before dashing out the door.

Ignoring the pleads from Zayn to stop, I walk faster eyes brimming with tears, mouth dry and heart pounding.

How could he do this, no I mean how could she do this to me my own best friend?

This can't be happening not now, not after all me and Ella have been through. I knew I shouldn't have given Zayn a chance, it's all his fault.

The feeling of pain has left my heart, only to be replaced with anger and betrayal.

It was getting dark, the streets began to fade with cars and pedestrians. Walking home was the best option of safety I had right now. The definition of home, a shelter which indulges you in safety and happiness.

Right now deducting from the situation I'm in, I'd just say it is a shelter.

Walking back up my street towards my house, I see a figure leaned against the black metal gate.

"Ali, Ali I'm so happy you're safe. Where were you I was so scared." Spoke Zayn, whilst pulling me into a tight hug.

I didn't dare say a word, because at that moment any word coming out of my mouth would be extremely hurtful.

"Ali I'm so sorry, it wasn't what it looked like. I swear! She leaned in and before I could pull away you burst into the room. It was meaningless." Explained Zayn.

"Spare me your lies, jerk. I knew I should never have given you a chance." I said, before pushing past him, then walking inside.

As soon as I stepped into my house, Ella ran up to me eyes sore and red, cheeks damp with tears I presume.

"I'm sorry Ali, it wasn't what it looked like-" She began, before I stopped her mid sentance.

"No? Then what did it fucking look like Ella?" I snapped before stomping upstairs, and slamming the door of my room after walking in.

I quickly got dressed into my pyjamas, and laid in my bed.

If I wasn't so angry, I'd be crying right now.