Chapter 5- The Date

Zayn's POV

I exhaled a long, harsh breath. Damn I was freaking out! At that very moment I was standing outside of Ali's house. Today was our date.

Gently, I tapped on the door. Weirdly I was starting to shake and tried to control myself. Calm down Zayn, I thought to myself. I NEVER freak out like this.

The door slowly opened. To my shock and surprise, Ed answered.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a confused expression on my face.

"Oh hey Zayn. Ready for your big date?" he ignored my question. "Dude, what's with the scared face? You'll be fine."

"I'm not scared." I tried to act cool, knowing Ed of all people wouldn't buy it. "I'll ask again. What are you doing here?" I repeated.

"Just chilling with Ella. I'm totally cool around her now. I've got to know her so well. We were up all night talking." Ed smiled to himself.

"You stayed the night? Wow I share an apartment with you and I hadn't even noticed you left." I was surprised.

"I feel loved." Ed sarcastically commented. "I just called her yesterday at 8ish, and she told me to come round. We completely lost track of time, and it got too late so I slept on her sofa." he said casually.

"Right." How the heck did Ed manage that? He was completely freaking out two days ago and now he was staying the night! Not in a sexual way though of course. Now that would be even weirder. "Can I come in or not then?"

"Oh right yeah, of course." Ed shook himself out of his day dream.

He guided me into the living room and I sat down on the sofa which had a blanket on. I guessed Ed had slept there last night.

"Aliiiiii, Zayn's here!" Ed yelled up the stairs.

"Coming!" She bellowed down.

I heard footsteps echo down the stairs as Ed walked back in the room. Trailing behind him was Ali. I looked at her mesmorised by how stunning she looked. I realised, Ali wasn't just pretty, she was undeniably beautiful.

Her straight brown hair flowed elegantly down her back and she had a matching flower hair clip to go with it. She was wearing a gorgeous blue dress top with black leggings underneath. She was perfection.

"What?" she snapped as I noticed I was staring at her.

"You look... wow." I managed to breathe.

"Erm... thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." she complimented.

I was wearing black skinny jeans with a plain white T-shirt, covered by my baseball jacket.

"Shall we go then?" I asked.

"I don't see why not." she smiled. Gosh her smile was heart melting.

"Byeee!!!" Ella yelled down the stairs.

"She's getting changed." Ali told me, explaining why she didn't come to greet me.

"Oh, come on then." I smiled wanting to be alone with just Ali.

"Cya Ed." Ali waved.

"Bye." I said.

"Yeah bye." Ed said whilst guiding us out of the door and then closing it once we had exited the house.

"So where are we going?" She asked.

"I thought I would take you to my parents house." I told her.

"Your parents house? For our date?!" she seemed disappointed and a little freaked out.

"Babe, I'm only joking. I'm taking you somewhere special." I grinned.