To: The Future

To: The Future

Dear future husband,

It's funny how I'm already thinking about my future husband when I'm only 19. I still have dreams to focus on, goals to achieve and a trauma I'll concentrate on ending. I still have studies to ace in and life to discover, but I still believe in things like these.

Ever since I was old enough to understand that not everyone will fall in love with one person only, I then realized that my future guy is someone roaming around in this earth. Either I've already met him or our paths still hasn't crossed.

That was then I also discovered that love was about the right timing, the right location and the right encounter with the right person. It doesn't always have to be extraordinary because people like us sometimes just want it simple. Maybe we could meet at the school's campus. Maybe at a coffee shop. Maybe in a crowded elevator and I so happen to be standing next to you. However we meet, I'll be glad we met.

I may or may not let you read this in the future, but let me tell you a little story based on a true story.

Once upon a time,
             there lived a girl who thought love was the most beautiful thing. Only to find out its true beauty and thorns. Love, she then knew, was like a rose. It was beautiful on top, but below all of its beauty were its thorns that will hurt you, make you bleed, give you blister and scars. Ever since then, she refused to fall in love, fearing its wickedness and its side effects if you fell too deep into it.

But then,
          the timing was right. He was there. She was there. A whole encounter that was as great as any first encounter. It was love again, the culprit to it all. And with one meeting, they knew, they found each other's happily ever afters.

Okay, maybe that last one is not real, but I believe it will be. You don't expect to find something in a day. You take years, maybe even a lifetime, to find it and realize its worth.

I know I'll be taking a break from dating and blind dates for now (since my friends are always forcing me to go on one) but I know I'll meet you soon. My future. My happiness. My everything. I don't know when, but I believe it will happen. It's no longer a matter of if but when.

I don't know what else to write since I don't even know how you'll be like. But I'll picture it all in my head. Though everything I picture won't be exactly as how it'll turn out to be, I'll still do so.

All the failed crushes I've had has built up and made me gain a trauma. It's either for the good or worse, and I've been trying to break this curse. Only to realize I can't break it on my own. I'll need a helping hand, a push from someone that will help me get out of this prison cell. Maybe, all those will happen, when I finally meet you.

Until the day I meet you, I guess. I don't know who you'll be. I don't know your name or any facts like if we've known each other for years or for a day, week, month or year. But I know you'll be the one who will finally break the curse, the same way the prince will awaken the beautiful Sleeping Beauty.

Until that time, I guess.

Yours truly,
Jung Jaemi

~Author's Notes~

And that's pretty much the end of this small book of mine :) It was short, but I still hope you enjoyed it. Once in a while, we'll experience a heartbreak and maybe even gain a trauma the same way Jaemi did but when you do gain a trauma, eventually, you'll find someone who will break it and make you feel so happy you forgot you even got involved with guys from before in your past. Until then, stay strong you guys :)

Thank you for the support :) See you in another one of my works, hopefully :)

xoxo

Byun Sang Kyung