Chapter:13

Wyatt held me close as I dampened his shirt with my tears. I racked another round of sobs and he held me closer.

Wyatt's POV
I did what I could to comfort her. Me or anyone would have been like this. Especially if they were close to their horse or pet.

I kissed her forehead. Her breathing becoming even. She wore herself out emotionally over the loss. I stood up with her cradled in my arms and carried her into the bedroom.

I set her on the bed and pulled the covers up over her. Then got on the bed next to her. She rolled over and laid against me. I turned the tv on letting her sleep with me still there.

She just needs to be comforted. Her horses noticed something was wrong when I went to feed and water them this morning. Especially Luis. He nudged me wanting out.

Maybe after she takes a nap we can go to see them. I found a John Wayne movie marathon on and turned it on. After two movies she started stirring.

She lifted her head and put it on my chest. "Did you sleep well?" I asked her. She nodded against my chest. "Do you want to go get something to eat?" I asked another question.

Cassi's POV
I shook my head. "Come on let's go. You need to eat something." He said sitting up. He pulled me onto his lap before picking me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He carried me to the kitchenette and set me on the counter. "What would you like to eat?" He asked me. "Not hungry." I told him. "Cassidy you didn't eat anything last night and nothing for breakfast. You need to eat something." He told me.

"You might as well tell me what you want or I'm going to fix you something and make you eat it. You need to eat something."

"I'm not hungry." I told him again. "Fine." He said throwing his hands up in surrender. Then he started making something. I didn't care what he made. I don't want to eat!

He put it on two plates then put them on the table. Then sat down with one in front of him. "You may join me if you want." He said before eating. My stomach grumbled at the smell of food.

I slid off the counter and sat across from him. He didn't look up as I took a bite. Now he was paying more attention to the food than me.

I ate a few more bites before he actually looked up. He had a soft smile on his face and an 'I told you so' look in his eyes. He waited for me to finish my plate before we took a walk.

"Your boys were wondering where you were this morning." He said as we neared the stalls. Tears filled my eyes. I knew they missed Dawson too. He opened their stalls and started leading them out.

He handed me Luis while he walked Tex and Roper. "Come on let's let them stretch their legs." He said as we walked away from their stalls. I rested my head on his arm as our hands were intertwined.

Luis put his head under my arm and got me to put my arm around his neck. He nudged me trying to comfort me. I scratched him knowing it was going to be hard for him to get use to not having his brother around.

Once we got back to the stalls I led Luis in and brushed him. He leaned onto me making me step back. Roper nickered through the bars. I scratched him and returned to Luis' other side. Tex nipped at me wanting my attention too.

I pet him and stepped out of the stall. "Do you want to try and find a new horse?" Wyatt asked. "After the last rodeo." I told him. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me close.

"Ok. Do you want to go back and watch a movie? Or go out to watch one?" He asked. "It doesn't matter." I told him. He led me back to the trailer and inside.

We curled up on the bed to watch a movie. I fell asleep sometime in the movie.