Chapter 13

/13\

~Shadow's POV~

I shut the back door. As soon as I was inside, I regretted it. I felt bad for leaving Felix like that. I looked out the window, but in a way Felix couldn't see me. I looked at him. He was just sitting on the ground. He looked shocked. He put his outstretched arm down, and just sat there, staring at the door. He looked distant. He was still holding my mask in his lap. I wished I hadn't taken it off. I looked horrible, and I knew it. I knew he was just saying that so I wouldn't be upset. I touched my lips where he'd kissed them. I don't even know how to describe that. It was more than I'd ever hoped for in my existence. I looked down at my lap. I felt butterflies in my stomach. They weren't normal butterflies, they were butterflies that wrestled and fought. I felt really sick all of a sudden. I scrambled up the stairs to the bathroom and knelt over the toilet. I threw up. I was sweating. Once I was finished, I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible. My hair was sticking to my face, I looked tired, not to mention the stuff that was already there, like cuts and blisters. I brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom. I went back downstairs to see Felix sitting on the couch. He looked upset. I walked over to him, forgetting I looked awful.

“Hey, are you alright?” I asked, concerned. He snapped his head to me, I must have interrupted his thoughts.

“Yeah, I'm fine.” He answered, sounding very unconvincing. I gave him a doubtful look and sat down next to him on the couch.

“What's really wrong, Felix.” He looked away, then back to me again.

“I'll tell you if I can clean you up first.”

I gave him a surprised look.

“What do you mean clean me up?”

“Shadow, for one, you look tired and sick. Two, you have bleeding cuts and stuff like that I can help with.” He said. I sighed and nodded my head, sticking my bottom lip out in a pout. Felix smiled and grabbed my hand. He pulled me into his bathroom. He sat me down on the toilet lid and started rummaging around in the cabinets. I just watched him. He kept pulling things out and setting them on the counter next to me. Eventually he was done finding things, and sat down on the edge of the tub across from me. He took a wet cloth and started to wipe the blood from my face. I looked into his ice-blue eyes as he gently dabbed my face with the cloth. The cloth was cold, and despite how gentle he was being, it hurt. I didn't say anything, because I knew it would just make him feel worse. Once he was done wiping off blood, he took an anti-bacterial cream and a numbing cream from the counter. He put some numbing cream on his left hand and used his right hand to softly put some over all of my cuts and red marks. Once he was done, he took another rag and put some anti-bacterial lotion on it. He used it on the same areas he'd put the numbing cream on. I'll admit, it really hurt, but I tried my best to stifle the grimaces and yelps. I guess I didn't do a very good job, because I saw pity flash on Felix's face. I bit my tongue, but it didn't help. After a while, Felix was done putting the lotion on my face. I had the strong urge to touch my face, but as I was reaching up, Felix grabbed my hands and pulled them back down.

“You can't touch yet. You might rub it off,” he said. I nodded. I sneezed.

“Bless you,” Felix smiled. I smiled back before realizing I'd gotten a bloody nose because of it. I cursed under my breath, grabbed a tissue and held it under my nose. Felix saw what I was doing, and he reached up and pinched my nose shut. My eyes widened a bit as I had to suddenly switch to breathing through my mouth. I reached up to pull his hand away. He shook his head and tilted my head back.

“Shadow, haven't you been taught how to deal with a bloody nose?” He asked, amused. I shook my head.

“You have to keep your nose pinched and your head high and tilted back. That keeps the blood from going out of your nose and it makes a clot faster,” Felix explained. I nodded. I reached up and pinched my own nose. Felix took his hand away.