Chapter 5

/ 5 \

~Shadow's POV~

My mom was banging on my door. I grimaced. My cheek had just started to heal... I'd locked the door prior, luckily, but there was a place to pick the lock on the other side of the door. They were never sober enough to pick the lock before, but Mom and Dad hadn't been going to the bar as much anymore, which meant they fought more and took it out on me. I think Mom was sober, which meant if she was careful enough, she could open the door. I walked over to change, because I was still in my pajamas. I grabbed a shirt and a pair of jeans and walked into my closet to change. While I was putting my shirt on, I heard Pewdie's voice. What? Oh. I cursed. I'd left my Skype on auto-accept. It was a beta feature that no one else had, but I won it by accident. I don't know if it will ever actually come out, though. Anyway, Pewdie could probably hear my mom on the other side of the door. I finished changing as quickly as I could to go talk to Pewdie. I slipped my mask on before walking out of my closet. I'd taken it off to change. As I walked in view of the camera, the banging on my door stopped. I sat down on my bed.

“Hey, Pewdie... Umm.. Why did you call?”

“I called because I didn't know why you hung up so suddenly... What's going on? And how did you pick up from across the room?”

“Oh, nothing out of the ordinary's going on! And I accidentally won an auto-accept beta.”

Right as I finished talking, I heard footsteps outside my door. 

“It looks like your door is locked... Why?” Pewdie asked, squinting at the door.

“Oh... It's to- I lowered my voice- to keep my parents out.” Pewdie's eyebrows shot up, and he said, 

“WHAT?!”

The doorknob clicked. 

My mom had picked the lock.

I whipped around to the door to see the handle twisting slowly. I quickly turned back to the computer saying

“I gotta go, Pewdie! Talk to you later!” I clicked the auto-accept button off, and logged off of Skype, closing my computer. I stood up and turned around. 

“Hi, mom.”

Two hours later, I sat in front of my open laptop watching one of PewDiePie's videos, smiling slightly. I had my mask on over my new soon-to-be scars. I heard my Skype go off and opened it. It was a message from Pewdie.

PewDiePie: 

Hey. What happened earlier?? You need to say something. I know you're keeping something from me. Just please tell me.

I sighed. I couldn't tell him what actually happened.

DarkAngel:

Nothing happened! I'm just fine. :D

PewDiePie:

I will come back to this later.

DarkAngel:

Whatever, crazy.

PewDiePie:

On another subject, you were awesome at video games. 

DarkAngel:

Oh, thanks! You weren't bad yourself!

PewDiePie:

Hold on, Give me a minute or two.

DarkAngel:

Okay, sure.

~Pewdie's POV~

I clicked my profile and went to my friend list. I clicked on the first name: Cryaotic.