Chapter 4

"What's Burning?"

I hollered from the small stair case railing. When I had reached the smokey kitchen, I saw my mother eating pizza with Lennex and Ryan.

It made me feel empty to call her my mother. But at the same time their were people out there who didn't even have a mom..How selfish was I. But at the same time I wasn't being selfish.. I stumbled over my thoughts to hear her,

"Burn-DUHH" she corrected me while on her phone. I rolled my eyes and poured myself a glass of soda. And sat with them at the table.

I was tapping my glass thinking about the mini fight between me and Theo. I need to talk about it but I had no one to talk to. I pulled out my phone and scrolled down my twitter feed. Then I heard my mom say something.

"What?" I replied softly.

"I said, how was your day?" She asked with out even removing her eyes off her phone.

I wondered what she was doing. But I didn't really care much and i know neither did she.

"Fine." I said.

Ryan and Lennex moved to the living room by now watching Wizards of Waverley Place. I loved that show SO much.

"Huh?" She asked she didn't even care to listen..why did she even ask?! I decided to speak out.

"Theo and I had a fight." I said in a moody tone.

I knew she wouldn't listen and I had to tell SOMEONE so I guess it would be her.

"Oh, that's good.honey" she said. Told you. Then her phone beeped.

"Oh hahaha." As soon as i heard her "im excited." laugh i knew what was going to happen next.

"Well, I'm going out. Ill be back around 11:00. So you're babysitting. And Umm there is money on the counter in case of what ever and...yeah loves you."

She left out the door. I knew she wouldn't be back "around 11:00" it's more like 4:00 am. I know there wasn't enough money to get anything. I went go check...Yup only $5. Nice. There was one thing for sure. Everything felt SO much better when she was gone.

Ryan, Lennex, and I watched movies till about 9:30 when I checked they were crashed one the couch. I gently and quietly set them on there beds one their room. Even though we lived in a two story house. She (my mother) made them share a room. When I turned out their lights and shut the door I heard the front door open and close. Who could that be? I KNOW it's not her...for a fact. I walked down states to realise it was Jose..Moms jackass boyfriend..

"What are you doing here? She's not here didn't she tell you, she went out." I said with my arms crossed standing on the last step of the stair case making sure I kept my distance.

"Fuck!" He let out a hard sigh. "She probably went with that guy she met last week."

He stated then look over at me and smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Get out of my house, Jose." I said. He's walked over to me

"you look so gorgeous Riley." He said in a mellowed tone. Riley?? really? What an impression. He pushed my hair behind my ear. And cupped my face. i was scared but i didnt let him know that.

"So..sexy." He whispered in my ear. I swatted his hand away.

"What the hell are you doing?!?" I said with a disgusted face.

"Get OUT..of my house!" I said a loud.

Then suddenly I felt something impact on my face as a stinging sensation reached from my ear lobe to my chin. He had hit me. I tear burned down my red checks. He reached to wipe it off and I snapped my face to the side. He grabbed my face and yelled.

"You are to look at me when I am taking to you. Got that?!?" I said nothing.

My eyes were filled with fire as I started to shake. Not because I was scared but because of my anger. I wanted to kick him between the legs but my paralysed body wouldn't allow it. He kissed me on my lips. I bit my two lips not allowing his to touch mine. I leanded back a little.

Once he released me. I fell to the ground. I cried. Not for my endangered self but because I had let him empower me. He just stood there laughing he was walking towards the stair case. Ryan..Lennex! I thought to myself they were the most important things in the world to me. I ran to the stair case in front of him.

"Get out of my way you little bitch!" He exclaimed. I refused.

"get the hell out. You got what you wanted didn't you?!?!!. Now get the fuck out."

I protested back there was no way I was letting him up those stairs...even if it killed me. I don't know What else happened but he left. I quickly ran to the door and lock it. I lock all the doors and windows. I even double checked to see if they were lock. Then I ran up to my room. And too a shower and went to bed I just wanted the day to be over.