Chapter 11: Worst. Nightmare. Ever!

Toby's POV:

Paris?! No way. As we danced she kept staring into my eyes almost as if she was still in love with me. "Paris, no I can't do this." I claimed.

"Toby, come on I know you still like me deep inside." she said, "And I think I might like you a bit more than Nick."

I rolled my eyes, "You and Nick are perfect. Paris, I'm not falling for you all over again. Why do you even trust me I kissed another girl while we dated. And don't get me wrong. I feel awful everytime I think about it."

She smirked. Crap did I just say something wrong? "Oh so Toby..you think about me?" I got a wiff of her breath. "Have you been drinking punch?" I asked.

Paris held up her glass, "Uh, yes!" she exclaimed. I took her cup and tossed it behind me, "Yeah, you're drunk honey." The music stopped and we stepped away from eachother. "They spiked the punch?" she asked.

"Yes apparently so." I responded. "Bye."

I began to walk away and just when I was about to reach Taylor, Paris whipped me towards her and gave me a big old smooch right on the lips! "Paris!" I screamed.

I looked at Taylor who looked like she was ready to slap someone, then she ran away. "No, Taylor...wait!"

Paris started laughing, but I pulled her close to me and said, "I know that you don't really know what's happening right now, but I will never forgive you for what just happened do you understand me? Now go."

Taylor's POV:

Toby ran to me as I leaned against the wall in the hallway. Warm, salty tears running down my face and into my mouth. I faced him, "You let it happen."

"What?" he asked confused. "You could've pulled her off of yourself or have pushed her away, but you didn't. You sat there and had her kiss you Toby! Did you forget I was your girlfriend?!" I sobbed harder and leaned my head into his chest making his white shirt wet.

He ran his fingers through my hair. "How could I forget about you? Your my life." he told me softly. Paris came out and walked over to us. "Paris...just go. I really am mad at you right now." I said while crying. "I'm so sorry Tay." she apologized.

"Only my friends can call me Tay." I said quietly. She stared at me in astonishment, "We're besties."

I lifted my head, "Were. Now you're just somebody that I used to know." I walked away with Toby.

"Tonight so far was a nightmare." I told him.

Toby's POV:

I was still going to saranade her. I love Taylor. "Taylor, I want you to know that I love you and that what Paris just did meant absolutely nothing to me."

She dried her tears completely and glanced over to Paris, "What she did was betray me. Drunk or not she knows what she did. And she wouldn't be drunk right now if it wasn't for those stupid guys and none of this would've happened!" she said in one breath. I wrapped her into a hug, "Whats this really about?" I asked.

She cried again, "Well, I don't know. I guess for one, I'm ticked off that I didn't win queen and also...you and Paris broke up because you kissed another girl and what just happened was almost De Javu of that." she explained.

"That was a mistake and I would never cheat on you okay?" I said.

We slow danced to more songs and Paris strolled over to us. She tapped my shoulder, "Guys? I am unbelievably sorry. I don't know what went through my mind! Toby I guess I'm really not over you yet and I feel so embarrassed to admit that. But I won't get in the way." And with that she walked away and over to Nick.

I guess it's time. I went to the D.J. and handed him a c.d. "Play this next please." I went back to Taylor who was waiting for my return. "What did you tell him?" she asked curiously.

I picked up my guitar case and opened it. "Why did you bring a guitar?" she asked again. I just smiled.

I dragged over a stool and put it in the middle of the floor as I shouted at people to back up. When I was in a circle of teens I qued the guy to play the music. When it started I strummed along. Taylor walked up towards the crowd.

And now the lyrics begin...

Taylor's POV:

"You got me hooked again from the minute you sat down. The way you bite your lip got my head spinning around. After a drink or two I was putty in your hands I don't know if I'll have the strength to stand. Oh. Trouble trouble maker yea that's your middle name. Ohhh." he sang loud. And dang he was great!

I clapped along and then everyone followed. Soon everyone was singing as well. I stood there outside the crowd just listening to his voice. When I looked up Toby was walking towards me with his guitar and a red rose.

People spread apart to give him room and make an aisle.

He walked down the aisle. Our gazes met. "You ain't nothing but a trouble maker girl." he finished. We all clapped and everyone gasped as he handed me the rose and said into the microphone, "Taylor, I love you. This song was dedicated to you. In a good way. You are a trouble maker with your long board, sweats, and adorable smile and sarcastic comments. And please, never change." he told me.

I took the rose and kissed his soft lips for a while. "Always." I responded, "and I love you too." We smiled and the crowd 'awed' over our romance.

"Toby?" I asked. "Yeah?"

"This 'nightmare' I was talking about..." I said. He looked at me, "Mhmm." he said.

"Its now a dream!" I giggled.