15

"Get out." The last two words that I heard from him before I left. The last two words that I would hear from him for months on top of months. Well, months quickly turned into years. I stopped counting after four.

After I left, he moved, changed his number and never contacted me after.

*

"Ms. Clark, class is over." My sexy calc teacher spoke from the front of the class.

"Oh, sorry Mr. Winston." I blushed. A surge of confidence suddenly filled my body. I sauntered up to his desk, leaning against it with one hand.

"So, Gabriel, how old are you?" I confidently asked.

"Ms. Clark, are you flirting with me?" He lowered his gold-rimmed glasses, focusing all of his attention on me.

"Oh, am I? I didn't even notice." I played it off staring down at my newly manicured nails.

"Sure seems like it." He raised his perfect eyebrows.

"Well, are you just going to leave me hanging?" I pushed.

"21." He slipped me a panty dropping smile.

"Oh damn, I'm wet."

He let out a deep chuckle. "Are you always this confident?"

"Not at all." I admitted.

"Well, I actually kind of like it." He flashed another smile.

I bit my lip, thinking for a moment. I walked closer to him, sitting on top of his well polished desk. "Do you like confident women, Gabriel?" I asked splitting my legs so that each one was on either side of him.

"Actually, I do." He slid his chair closer, resting his hands on my upper thighs.

Before I knew it, reality had set in causing me to jump off of his desk. "Well, I should really be going." I smiled a nervous smile, sprinting out of the class.

I woke up in a puddle of drool, glancing at my bedside clock, practically jumping out of bed at the sight.

*

I walked across the brick road making my way to the best thai restaurant on campus. My hair blew in the autumn wind, sending a chill down my spine. I entered the establishment, stripping off my jacket.

"Welcome, how can I help you?" The woman asked.

"Hi, I'm actually meeting someone." I scrunched my nose.

"You're welcome to look for them." She gestured towards the seating area.

I nodded walking towards the archway. I spotted my date almost instantly. Walking through the crowded room I made my way to my table for the night. I slid into the booth, setting my coat next to me.

He let out a deep chuckle. Damn I loved his laugh. "Why do you have a jacket? It's 65 outside." He continued to laugh.

"Well, Gabriel, I get cold easily so I'm trying to prevent myself from shivering all night." I faked an angry tone.

"I'm just teasing babe, chill out. Happy three years baby." He smiled as he leaned across the table to kiss me.

I gladly kissed him back, smiling at the thought of it already being three years.

"Soon we're going to have to get married." He sighed.

"Yup." I smiled a big smile. "I have something to tell you." I blushed.

He hummed his response, turning all of his attention to me.

"Well, I, uh, I had the dream again." I giggled.

"The one where I'm your calc teacher?" I nodded. "Oh my." He laughed, running his hand down his face. "You just can't get enough of me, can you?"

"I guess not." I shrugged.

"It's ok, I can't get enough of you either." He winked at me.

A few minutes went by without a word. I sat looking at my menu, scanning it's content, even though I had been there millions of times. I looked up to find the table completely empty, except for a tiny sliver-grey box.

I put my hand over my mouth as my breathing caught in my chest. I swallowed the lump that sat in my throat, trying to slow the pace of my heart. My palms became sweaty and I couldn't help the build up of confusion, even though I had an idea of what was happening.

Gabriel slid out of the booth, standing in front of me while holding the tiny box in one of his hands. By this point people were pointing towards our table and smiling.

Gabriel took my hand into his and helped me out of the seat. My heels clicked against the floor as my feet hit the ground. I hadn't noticed before but Gabriel was dressed in his black suit. His white button up wrinkled at the source of his bent arm.

"Sarah, the first time I saw you in chemistry when you walked into class and Ms. Oberg started yelling at you for some unknown reason, it was like I was just hit in the stomach. I was at a loss for words. I knew I needed to have you. The past three years with you have been the best years of my life, honestly. I don't want to spend my life with anyone else. You make me so happy every time I come home from work or school. You're always finding new ways to keep every day interesting. I would be honored to call you my wife. That being said," He smiled as he got down on one knee opening the box, "Sarah Elizabeth Clark, will you be my wife, my lover, my best friend, until the day I die?"

 That being said," He smiled as he got down on one knee opening the box, "Sarah Elizabeth Clark, will you be my wife, my lover, my best friend, until the day I die?"

Tears slipped from my eyes and I couldn't speak. The only thing I could manage to do was nod my head. I watched him stand and wrap his long arms around me, holding me tight against him like he was never going to let go.

The only sound was the clapping of the surrounding people. My sight was blurred with tears but I could see all of their distorted smiles.

Gabriel let go and leaned towards my face, kissing me passionately yet forcefully. I kissed back with as much passion and force.

After another couple seconds we pulled away simultaneously, staring into each others teary eyes. I wiped away a loose tear that had slipped from his eye, caressing his soft cheek afterward.  A smile spread across my face as I wrapped my arms around him once more.

I never thought this day would ever come; I'm going to be someones wife.

{Vote, Comment, Share}

-me (sorry for the long ass wait)