28

I took a seat at the end of the bed, staring blankly at the white carpet. Why? Why did this happen? To me of all people.

"Sarah?" Jack asked sitting up.

I hummed in response, not turning around.

"Come back to bed, baby." Jack took hold of my hand.

I flinched at the pet name, obeying him. I laid back softly, cuddling up to Jack's chest. After I heard his breathing slow down and his grip loosen on my body, I slid out of bed and went downstairs.

I dug through the drawers looking for a sharp blade. I found a small cardboard box with a picture of multiple knife blades on the front. I opened the box, carefully grabbing one out.

I walked back upstairs in the darkness of the night. I let a tear slip freely down my cheek as I walked back into Jack's room. I walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me and turning on the water for the bathtub.

I discarded my clothes, setting the razor on the edge of the porcelain tub. I dipped a hand into the burning hot water, climbing in.

I squirted some soap into the running water, causing bubbles to instantly take form. I laid back, dipping head into the water. I held my breath as I went under and let it out as my head was fully submerged under the water.

I stayed under for about 30 seconds, remembering about the time I was restricted from breathing about 5 years ago as I struggled for breath under the scorching water.

I lifted myself out of the water, heavily breathing as I rushed to catch my breath. I turned the water off, playing with the bubbles. I stroked my arm, running my fingers against my veins.

I picked up the razor, laying it flat on my arm. I watched it shine in the light, as I rotated my arm from side to side. I picked up the razor, sliding it softly against my wrist. I applied slight pressure, barely dragging it.

I flinched as the blade cut through my skin and blood poured out. It slid down my arm, dripping down into the bubbles, turning them a vibrant red color. I touched my finger to the cut, sliding it up my arm and spreading the thick blood.

Reality later set in at what was actually happening. I quickly drained the water, putting my shirt back on, not bothering to dry off. I unlocked the bathroom door bursting into the bedroom.

Jack flew out of the bed and rushed over to me, examining my bloody arm.

"What the fuck? Sarah, what did you do?" He held my arm firmly.

"I-I don't, I." I struggled to get my words out.

He picked me up bridal style, bringing me back into the bathroom. He set me down on the counter, examing the bloody bath water.

"How much blood have you lost?"

My eyes drifted around the room and my head began spinning.

"Hey, Sarah. Stay with me." Jack snapped his fingers in my face.

I looked down at the cut I had made on my arm. It had grown and more and more blood was spilling out.

"Here, put your arm under the water." Jack grabbed my arm, shoving it under the ice cold water. I flinched as the water made contact with the fresh cut.

"Leave this here." He commanded and bent down to grab something out of the bottom of the sink.

I did as I was told, swaying back and forth. My eyelids became heavy and my eyes began to close just as Jack popped back up.

"No, no falling asleep." Jack shook me. He dug in a bin grabbing a wrap, some gauze and black string with a needle.

He pulled my arm from out from under the water, struggling to thread the needle. I put my hand on his arm, looking him in the eyes. He looked at me briefly before putting the thread through the needle and stitching up my wounds.

He laid the gauze pads across the cuts, wrapping my arm tightly in the bandage. He picked me up and carried me back to bed, laying me down gently.

"Sarah." He started as he hovered over me.

"I wanted to be with him." I cried.

He wrapped me in his embrace, kissing my head before pulling the blankets over my body and leaving the room.

I grabbed my knees, pulling them to my chest and crying into the pillow as I thought about my unborn child.

"What a waste." I screamed.

{Vote, Comment, Share}

Omg..

-crying