Hound

In the upper floor of the building, Waller was pacing back and forth

In the upper floor of the building, Waller was pacing back and forth. An extraction team was on the way but she was in a seething rage. "He just had to push her away! He had the right to not want to hurt her but the idiot didn't just hurt her, he killed her. When I get my hands on him..." An agent licked her lips nervously and coughed slightly to get Waller's attention.

  "Ma'am? We just got permission to send the Hound on her. Do we-"

  "Yes, we do." Waller interrupted with a bark, then muttered under her breath, "Huh, never thought I'd get the Hound..."

In an apartment complex somewhere in Chicago...

Jess was sitting on her couch when the phone rang. She set down the coke she had been sipping on and picked it up. Huh. Kinda looked like the number that those goverment guys were always calling from. Oh well. "Hello? Jess."

  "Yes, Miss Everheart. We are well aware of who you are. We have a job proposition."

  "Look, I'm done. I told you this before but-"

  "It concerns your half-sister."

  "Where do  I meet you?"

  "We will come pick you up."

  "When?"

  "We are at your door."

  "Not at all creepy."

  *click*

  She pulled the phone away and stood up. She stuffed it into her pocket and dug out her knapsack from the closet in the hall. It was an old WWII sack with a few necessities she kept on hand for just such emergencies. She slipped on her combat boots and opened the door to revile to agents in suits. They both looked nearly identical and stood with their arms folded and eyes staring straight ahead. "Miss Everheart." It wasn't a question but a statement. Jess sighed and with one free hand pulled her wavy black hair back into a pony.

Jess Everheart was a special operative. Often referred to as The Hound for her ability to hunt down anyone, she worked as a legal bounty hunter every once in a while. She didn't look the part, as she was curvy but tomboyish and usually wearing a screen printed t shirt (usually with a band or some Disney junk on it) but she was the best there was. Two years ago she had discovered her teenage little half-sister in Belle Reve when she had dropped off a criminal named Digger. Her sister had been skating across the lawn and she had asked a few questions and discovered the ice girl was her half-sister on her father's side. Ever since then she had been counting down the days until her sister would be released and she could meet her for the first time since her sister wasn't allowed visitors.
Jess had always wanted a little sister. But she had grown up an only child. She had lived in a modest home with her mother and grandmother. She was an average student and was nothing extraordinary. But misfortune had struck and a best friend was killed by muggers. She had decided to become a cop but had been pulled out of the school by the government and trained as a spy at 21.
  That was three years ago and she hadn't had much work in a while. With a chance to find her little sister and make some money, she couldn't exactly say "no." So she followed the agents down the hall and to the black car parked next to the curb. "Here goes nothing." She muttered and stepped into the car. Then, for seemingly no reason, she blacked out.