Chapter 2: Awkward Moment

Cold wind slowly blows my skin. I tighten my coat and wrap my hands on my chest. It's middle of December, and it was snowing yesterday but not too hard. It was only snowing for about 30 or 45 minutes. I can't wait to see snows everywhere. I love Winter so much!

I look at my watch. It says 11:43am. I still have a class at 12 o'clock. And then I'll be off from college, starting tomorrow and until middle of January! Yay!

"Hey! Naura!" Someone calls me from behind. I turn around, it's Matt. 

"Hey, Matt! What's up?" His nose and cheeks look pink. He's freezing. "Uhm I think it will be better if we go and talk inside. You're freezing, aren't you?"

He nods and smiles. "Yeah! It's very cold! And that's why I don't like Winter!" O-oh

We're walking towards the corridor. Matt and I went to the same highschool. He's nice, friendly, and smart. We were classmate when we were in year 10. And now we're studying in the same college. But he's studying Law, and I have taken Technical of Chemistry.

"Well, I just wanted to give you something," He says. "Here," He hands me an....invitation?

"Umm...what is this, Matt?"

"Well, it's my birthday invitation. I'm turning 19 on Thursday. Please come, yeah? It's on Friday night! I throw a barbecue party, and only invite people that are close to me. I'd be happy if you come."

I start to remember do I have any appointments or not on Friday. But all I remember there's not. "Sure! I'll be there, don't worry!"

He smiles, "Good! Thanks Naura! Okay so, I have a class now. See you around!" He waves at me then left.

"See you!"

I open Matt's invitation and read it while I'm walking to my class. I'm pretty surprised I don't find Mr. Weasley in the class. He comes 15 minutes before class begins usually. Now it's 11:52am and he's not here yet.

I put out my phone and text Kasha. I wanna make sure that she's invited or not because I don't wanna go alone.

Did Matt invite you to come to his barbecue party on Friday?

Sent.

It takes not long time for Kasha to reply. Yep, he gave me his invitation yesterday. He invites you, right?

Yeah, he just gave me his invitation a few minutes ago, when i was about to go to class

My phone vibrates after I sent my last text five minutes ago. He liked you, Naura. A lot. But you always stay cool and look like you don't care

I pause for a moment after reading her last message. He liked me?

YES, idiot! Like in a long time!

Seriously? Matt? I ask her once more. 

I'm speechless with Kasha's has just saying

Suddenly Mr. Weasley comes in. I quickly type to reply Kasha and put my phone into my pocket. I have a class! See you in a bit!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Naura, would you get me a drink?" Kasha asks me while she shoves a fork-full of chicken into her mouth. I'm done with my meal so I agree. "Okay, wait here." She nods.

I walk towards the drink corner. "Naura! Do you enjoy the party?" Matt comes and stands next to me.

"Hey! Yes! The chicken is great!" I say honestly. "I see you're a bit busy with your guests."

"Yeah! Just wanna be a nice host." I chuckle. "Alright I want to greet my old friends there. Catch ya later!" I nod and reply him with a smile. I grab our drinks and go back to Kasha.

"Here, I got you apple juice." I hand her a glass full of apple juice.

"Thank you!" She replies nicely with her best smile. Her eyes catch something behind me and widen abruptly.

"Kasha? Is there something wr-" She points towards the door with her chin. I follow her point direction and shock. Oh my God, you gotta be kidding me!

There's a guy who wears the similar t-shirt with me. I have no idea who he is but it's kinda...awkward. I'm wearing a casual blue t-shirt and written Cool Girl on it. And that guy wearing the exactly same blue t-shirt but written Cool Guy on it. Oh dear....

"This is awkward hahahaha." Kasha laughs at me. I roll my eyes.

That guy stands across from where I am and sees me. He looks kinda confused as well, then he smiles at me. I look around and notice there are some people looking at me then move to him. I bet they're talking about my same t-shirt with that guy.

"Kasha, what should I do?" I ask Kasha, a bit panic. I bet my face turns to pink. How embarrassed I am!

Kasha giggles. "Relax, Naura! Just, stay cool and ignore the people!" She whispers without stop giggling. I pinch her right arm. "Aw! It hurts what did you do that for?!" She grumbles.

I grab my drink and walk out towards Matt's garden. This is so embarrassing! 

**************

Author's Note: Hello there! Well, first I want to apologize because my english isn't very good lol i'm so sorry! And i'd be very happy if any of you guys wanted to correct my english, really! Just tell me if there's something wrong with my words/tenses. Thanks! xx