Chapter 8: My New Girl

"Thank you! Thank you everyone! Alright I think that's enough. Well, thank you for coming and please enjoy the dishes!"

I carry my purse under my arm and clap my hands after Zayn's friend,  Louis Tomlinson, who invited Zayn to his brand new perfume launching event ends his speech. Everyone else in the room claps too. I stand next to Zayn. We stand in the middle of the ballroom with some of other Zayn's friends.

There are so many people that I haven't met before. It makes me feel a bit awkward, standing here and stay quiet. I'm not very good at making a small conversation.

Zayn is still talking with his friends. I turn to him; I want to tell him that I want to go to the drink corner. But, something catches my attention.

I have to say he looks dashing in that plain white shirt. He has the strong cheekbones and jawline with a slight of facial hair on there. He rolls his sleeves up. And I'm just noticed he has a massive tattoo on his right forearm, written 'ZAP!' on it.

Suddenly he turns to me, makes me jolt a bit because he catches me staring at him. "Agdal? You alright?" He asks me.

"Yeah, yeah I'm alright. I'm...Umm...Just stay here. I want to get some drink for us," I say stammering.

"No, no! I'm going with you. Let's get some drink!"

I see Louis walks towards us when we're about to go to the drink corner. "Zayn wait!" I grab his left arm. "Someone wants to talk to you," I point towards Louis with my chin. He follows my point direction and turns around. "You stay here and I will get our drinks."

"Wait, please!" He begs, "Stay here, yeah? We can get some drink later. I want to introduce you to Louis," he smiles.

"Umm alright then," I agree. Then he puts his hand to my waist and lead me to Louis.

"Hi mate!" He greets him. He pulls his hand from my waist and hugs Louis.

"Hey my mate! Thank you for coming! It's been a long time we don't see each other!" Louis punches him on his shoulder friendly. They both chuckles. "And...well, I see you not alone, mate." Louis eyes meet mine. I give him a smile and he does too.

"Yeah, this is Naura, Naura Agdal," Zayn introduces me, "And Naura, this is my mate Louis Tomlinson." Louis extends his right hand to me to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Naura! Thank you for coming!" He says.

"Nice to meet you too, Louis! Yeah it's my pleasure!"

"Are you guys..together?" He asks, making my eyes widen.

"Ah we're n-," I want to refuse but Zayn cuts me off. "Yes," he states and pulls my waist closer to him. I look at Zayn in disbelief and try to not look shocked in front of Louis. Wait....What is he doing?!

Zayn turns to me and grins. "She's my new girl," he adds. I nudge him slowly on his stomach with my elbow. But he only winks as a reply and then turns back to Louis.

"Woah mate!" Louis awes, "You have got a new girl but you haven't told me?!"

Zayn chuckles. His hand still on my waist. "I wanted to tell you! But you're always busy, remember?"

Louis nods and chuckles. I keep smiling awkwardly because of Zayn's idiot statement. "Alright, alright, fair enough! Congratulations then!" Louis utters.

"Umm guys I'm so sorry I want to go to the toilet," I pull away from Zayn.

"Sure! Sure! Take your time!" Louis replies.

"Excuse me," I excuse myself and walk quickly to the toilet.

I have no idea what inside Zayn's brain is now. Why would he do that for? I mean, why would he lie like that? Was he trying to make fun of me or?