Chapter 10: A Promise

"Anyone here still remember what are Anode and Cathode?"

Professor Downson's voice sounds echoed in the room when he asks us about Anode and Cathode. But no one answers him.

"Come on guys! I will give an extra score for whoever answer them," he asks again. But still, no one answers him. I bow my head, hiding myself from him. I have a strong feeling that he will point me to answer. I'm really hoping he doesn't see me although it seems impossible because Dalia, the girl who sits before me, is absent today.

"Miss Naura Agdal?" Oh men. "I know you can answer them. Please?"

I stand up slowly. Why doesn't he point Jacob to answer? I'm pretty sure Jacob really wants the extra score. He is a extra-score hunter and is smart too. But I don't know why he seems calm and quiet today.

"Umm...Anode is electrode which is containing anions. And Cathode is electrode which is containing cations," I explain, then I sit back.

"Well done, Naura," he nods his head.

"Thank you, Sir!"

He takes his attendance book and writes something on it; I'm sure he writes my extra score. Then he puts the book down on the table. "Right now we will discuss about Anode and Cathode again. We will....."

I flip through the pages of my book, not really listening to Professor Downson. I put my hand on the table and lay my head on it. My mind can't stop thinking what has happened last night....

"What are you doing right now?" He asked.

I shaked my head, pretending that he was here and could see me shaking my head. "Nothing, just laying on my bed and talking with you." 

"Sleepy yet?"

"Nope. At all," I lied. I was sleepy, actually. But I didn't want to hang up the call. I missed him, a lot. We had been not seeing each other for three days. He told me he is busy with his Dad's company. There was a problem and his Dad needed his help. "Is the problem still complicated?"

I heard him taking a deep breath. "Unfortunately yes. And to be honest it takes a lot of my energy."

"Really? Are you tired now? Zayn I'm so sorry I-", I hadn't finish my words but he cut me off.

"Agdal, no need to sorry. It's fine, you're fine," he said.

I bit my bottom lip. "Alright. You should take some rest now, Zayn," I mumbled.

"Hmm okay, I will. But, before you hang up, can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure! What is that?"

There was silent for a few seconds. "Can you walk to your window now?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"Yeah, walk, to your window. Please?"

I jolted up from my bed and walked towards my window. "Don't you dare to say that you're somewhere outside near to my house!" I opened my curtain and looked outside. I squinted my eyes, looking for a black vehicle parked near to my house.

I saw a black car that familiar to me. It parked across from my house and a guy leaned himself on it. When I stared at that guy from my window, he raised his right hand and waved at me while his left hand seemed holding something on his ear.

"ZAYN?!!" I said to him from my phone, half shouting. He chuckled. "What are you doing?! Wait I will go there!" I half ran towards my door.