3) ❝The End Sounds Nice❞

[Rigby's POV]

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up, looking to my side and noticing that Mordecai was not in the bed. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, listening closely and realizing the shower was running. Of course. He was taking a shower. I needed one, too, to be honest.

I heard the shower stop then heard the curtain slide open. I rubbed my eyes again, trying to wake myself up a little, only to hear the bathroom door open. I removed my hands from my eyes and watched Mordecai walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. My eyes widened in shock, then he seemed to notice that I was awake, yet he didn't care that he was standing there in all his glory, with the towel hanging loosely around his waist.

"Nice to see you're awake. Sleep well?" He asked, bringing his bag up and placing it on the bed. I continued staring at him, watching as water dripped down his chest-- And oh my god, I'm straight and all, but fuck.

"I, uh... I slept good. Thanks," I mumbled, following the water drops as they trailed down his chest. Mordecai nodded as he searched through his bag, probably trying to find clothes to put on. I wish he could have just brought his bag into the fucking bathroom. I am very uncomfortable right now.

"You know... Did you get up in the middle of the night or something? I don't know if it was just a dream, but I heard someone throwing up. Was that you?" Mordecai asked, glancing up at me. I blinked a few times and grabbed the pillow, hugging it. "No. It was probably just a dream," I mumbled. Mordecai just shrugged and grabbed some clothes. "Alright. I'll be right back," he said, grabbing his hairdryer and walking back to the bathroom, shutting the door.

I sighed and buried my face in the pillow. I can't believe he heard me. He's a complete stranger to me, and I don't want him knowing all these horrible things about me. To him, I'm just some over-dramatic asshole... I'd rather him think that than knowing just how broken I am inside...

I fought back the urge to cry and just took a deep breath, listening to the sound of Mordecai's hairdryer turn on. After a few more minutes, Mordecai came out of the bathroom and looked at me. "Hey, you okay?" He asked. I quickly looked up at him and smiled, nodding. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, don't worry... Uh... Do I have time to take a shower?" I asked. Mordecai nodded and gave me a small smile. "Yeah. Go ahead," he said.

I quickly got up and walked past Mordecai, rummaging through my bags to find some clothes. I picked out the clothes I wanted to wear, then headed into the bathroom, closing the door.

I took a pretty quick shower, even though I loved the feeling of the warm water hitting my body. It felt like I hadn't had a shower in a week, which wasn't true. I bathed before I started hitchhiking with strangers. So that's that.

I got out of the shower and started drying myself off, putting my clean clothes on. I didn't even bother drying my hair that good or brushing it. It was normally really fluffy with some waves in it. I left the bathroom, watching as Mordecai was putting his shoes on. He looked up at me and blinked. "Are you serious? You didn't dry your hair?" He asked. I chuckled and shook my head. "No. Don't feel like it," I said, smirking.

Mordecai glared at me, then stood up, walking into the bathroom. He came back out with a brush and his blow-dryer, sitting at the edge of the bed and plugging the hairdryer up. "Come here," he said. I raised a brow, staring at him in confusion. "What?" I asked. Mordecai rolled his eyes and pointed to the floor. "Sit between my legs. I'm gonna dry your hair and stuff. Since you're too lazy to do it yourself," he said.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

Mordecai groaned and threw his head back. "Because it bothers me, now come on," he said.