Chapter 32: Helping Nick

Nick’s POV

As promised the doctor released me early Monday morning. Dad was the one who picked me up and took care of the release papers. He told me that he is not going for work today and is full watched on me. I tried to argue that I’ll be fine but that doesn’t work for him. I can’t be happier that after yesterday I finally get to go home although I am not allowed to do anything but to rest.

My head still hurt a bit from time to time and I can say that I was at the bathroom twice already for throwing up. I hope that I could go to school on Thursday. I can’t miss much of the lesson. I don’t want to be left behind. And that includes the tons of assignment that I’ll be doing for missing school. My head will hurt a lot more due to that.

I was in the view room/theatre room watching random movies. I have been here for like three hours already and I’m now on my second movie. My dad told me couple of minutes ago to go to my room and have a rest but I don’t want to. I have stayed in the hospital for the whole day and night and all I did there is to sleep. I can say that I am still not sleepy or tired. I am not a fan of bed for today.

(Dad) *burst in the room* *yells* Nick! Didn’t I told you to go to your room and rest?

(Nick) *pause the movie then look at his dad* Yeah but I’m not tired dad.

(Dad) Now!

(Nick) *whines* but I don’t want to...

(Dad) *pinch the bridge of his nose* I don’t want to repeat myself Nicholas. Now!

(Nick) *turn the tv off then storms out of the room*

Kylie’s POV

Joe is still quite mad at me. I don’t know why. I explained myself yesterday but that explanation doesn’t seem to ease the way how angry he was at me. Kevin however was very nice at me. Since I got back from Washington he really is nice and all in spite of an awful event happened yesterday. I didn’t have the chance to talk to Kevin though. After our family meeting yesterday I went straight to my room and never go down again for dinner.

All I’m thinking today is how to make it up to Nick. I know it is somehow my fault and I will do anything to make things right to him after all my sister told me to sort things out with my brothers and I’m starting with Nick.

I collected all Nick’s assignment from Billy and went home with Kevin. Joe still has a basketball practice so we left him at school.

(Kevin) We’re home.

(Dad) Oh... guys come in the kitchen I prepare snacks for you.

(Kylie) Dad what are you doing home?

(Dad) I didn’t go to work today.

(Kylie) Is Nick here already?

(Dad) Yes. He is in his room. I told him hours ago to have a rest. He needed it.

(Kylie) I have his homeworks. I’ll bring it to him.

(Dad) you can bring that later. Eat first.

(Kylie) Okay. How is he?

(Dad) Nick??? He’s fine. Where’s Joe?

(Kevin) He has basketball practice today until 5pm.

(Dad) Are you going to pick him up after?