Chapter 33: pt. 1 Back to School

Chapter 33: Back to School

Nick’s POV

Yesterday was my follow up with my doctor. Since I have been good resting at home and drinking my med on time my doctor finally issued me fit to school certificate. I was extremely happy coz I don’t have to be cooped up in the house anymore.

Today is just a typical Thursday at school. Same old same old happens some shitty subject and professors and some subjects that are good ones.

I got extremely bored at school and after lunch it is my free period. I looked for anyone who can accompany me but I don’t know anyone. I tried to look at the library and still I can’t find anyone. Then I remember Kylie and I have the same free period every Thursday. I always saw her every Thursday wandering around this time. But where is she? I got my phone and send her a text message.

Kylie’s POV

I’m so glad that Nick can go to school now although he has to refrain himself from physical activities that might get his headache worse. I saw him at lunch today and so far he is so good. I also saw Joe during lunch today. He sends me dagger stares that if it could kill I would be dead by now. I don’t know what exactly his problem with me but he rather not talk and let me figure things out for myself. I’m so tired apologizing to him millions of time when I don’t know exactly what I did to him to be pissed that much to me. If he wanted to be stubborn with me then he have to deal with my stubbornness to him as well. I will just return the favor.

It is Thursday and after lunch I have a free period. Usually I hang out with Brandon but after his fight with Nick I’m kinda avoiding him. I don’t want to be mean to Brandon because I know for a fact that he was just protecting me like he used to when we are younger or I’m in trouble. He was like my second brother next to Riley back in Washington. I know for a fact that I have the same free period with Nick and it would not be good if I will be seen with him by Nick especially that we just patched everything and mend our differences. I’m still trying to sort things out with Nick. After I helped him with his home works we became closer. And you wouldn’t believe it that my relationship with Nick is a lot closer than I have with Joe.

I’m wandering around the hallway of our school alone when my phone vibrated from my back pocket. I received a text from Nick. I contemplate for a little while what to reply then I decided to say yes. He replied after 20 seconds that he would see me in the west courtyard.

-=-=-=-

(Nick) Hey!! *smiles to Kylie*

(Kylie) *sit beside Nick* So what are we doing?

(Nick) Can I ask first where your minion is?

(Kylie) *laughing so hard* hahahaha you-you m-mean Brandon??? Hahahaha

(Nick) Yup

(Kylie) why are you asking me that? Aren’t you glad I’m with you today?

(Nick) That is not it. I usually saw you with him every Thursday after lunch.

(Kylie) It is because he and I share the same free period.

(Nick) Is that all? He seems to like you.

(Kylie) Oh God! We aren’t here to talk about boys are we?

 (Nick) Hey! I have every right to ask you about boys. So I know who to beat to death if I will ever saw you crying because of a boy.

(Kylie) hahahaha for starter you should beat yourself and your two brothers.

(Nick) Joe‚ Kevin and I don’t count. We are your brothers we tend to annoy you whether you like it or not that can make you cry...