Chapter Twenty-three

Makenna's POV:

"So, are you and Gus planning on going on a date night anytime soon?" Jenna asks me as I hang up my beautiful dress that I picked for homecoming.

"I'm not sure. He talked about going out before homecoming since we still have a two full weeks until the dance and the game." I respond as I sit on my bed.

Trinity sits further back, making some room for me, "Gordy and I are going a hockey game tomorrow night. I believe I heard Gus mention that he might take you somewhere. However, don't take my word on it."

"I don't know. He hasn't mentioned anything like I said. I would love to go out with my boyfriend sometime soon." I respond as my phone goes off on my dresser.

The vibrations tell me that someone is trying to Skype me, so I quickly rush over to my dresser. I grab my phone and I glance down at the Skype name of the person. My frown quickly turns upside down when I realize that Gus is trying to get ahold of me. I quickly answer the skype call, anxiously waiting for my boyfriend's face to appear on the screen. After several moments of nothing, I almost press hang up, but Gus' face finally pops up.

"Sorry," He quickly apologizes as soon as he sees my face.

"For . . . ?" I ask.

"One for calling when the girls are over. Yes, Jasmin, I can still see you. And for two because you weren't able to see me right away. It only took two rings for you to answer, I could kind of tell that you were excited to see me. I don't blame you. It's the weekend. I can't wait to see you when we video chat either. I miss that adorable face of yours," He says making my face flush and the girls giggle in excitement. "Anyway, how are you and the girls?"

"Good, just hanging my dress up and the girls are waiting for their moms' to pick them up. Why did you call if I may ask?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I called to ask you something, but you're busy." He says clearly trying to pass the time that he would have to wait until the girls' all leave. "It's something that can wait, but at the same time can't wait. I really wanna ask you."

"Gus, you can ask me. It's fine. The girls are about to leave soon," I respond as I hear someone knock on my door. The girls look out the window, leaving me alone on my bed. The girls all wave at me as they exit my room. "Let me rephrase that, they are leaving right now," I say just as the door to my room shuts. "So, Buttercup, what did you want to ask me?"

Gus laughs at the nickname before flipping his hair out of his eyes, "I would like to take you out."

"Out?" I question a bit confused.

"I want to take you out. Out as in a date. Tomorrow night," Gus says as he shifts around on his bed.

"Oooh, Gus is taking Makenna out tomorrow!" Gator says hanging his head over the side of the top bunk.

I blush and so does Gus, "Anyway, since tomorrow is Friday and since I just got my driver's license. So, why don't you and I go out to dinner tomorrow night? I will pay for your way in and wherever we decide to go. We can go to Chinese, get some Sushi, go see a new movie, go to the mall, or go on a picnic. You just tell me and I will take you. My mother said that I can take her car, while the others take dad's car. So what do you say? Where do you wanna go?"

"I'm not sure. I have money to pay and get some stuff at the mall if we go. You tell me what you want to do and I will gladly do it. I think there's a sushi restaurant in the mall. Why don't we go to the mall and go to the sushi restaurant? Does that sound good?" I ask as I contemplate what I am planning on wearing for tomorrow.

"That sounds amazing. I'll be glad as long as I am with you because I love you," Gus says with a smile on his face.

"I love you too, I'll see you tomorrow. I have to go because I need to figure out what I am going to wear and figure out what time I need to start getting ready so that I will be ready for our date when it comes time do what I have to tomorrow," I say with a small smile. "So I will see you at. . .?"