016

Lance

The rest of the week went pretty normal, though admittedly more awkward than usual. He didn't regret what he did, but he worried that Margaret would think he had just done what he did to make her stop talking. He sighed, running his hands down his face. Before he uncovered his eyes, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He removed his hands to see Margaret standing in front of him, a worried look on her face.

"Are you okay?" she signed, eyebrows still drawn together.

Offering a small, reassuring smile, he replied, "I'm fine, don't worry." She nodded slowly, face relaxing slightly as she walked over to her desk. He watched her small frame as she did so, still not sure how he had managed to get her of all people as a friend. He could only hope she could become more than a friend. Despite the fact that she had kissed him back, he still felt like she didn't like him. When she sat down, she looked over and smiled at him.

"You sure you're okay?" she signed again. "You look a little worried."

"I assure you I'm fine," he repeated. Hesitating a moment, he continued. "I was actually wondering if you wanted to come over to my house after school."

"Of course," Margaret signed after a moment of hesitation. Her eyes were slightly wider than usual as if she hadn't expect such a request. "I would love to."

"I'll meet you at the lunchroom after school, then," he signed, a relieved smile coming to his face. Margaret nodded, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. She looked down at her desk, biting her lip to hide her smile. His pulse seemed to quicken. Why did she have to do this to him?
_

___________________

Chapter Summary: Lance invites Margaret to his house.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a great day. Stay fabulous!