Aftermath

What happens after the storm?

Enjoy!

☆☆☆

"Is it over?"

Silence.

"I think...Let me go check..."

"Don't Ash!"

"Someone has to check."

Ash walks up the steps and slowly creaks open the bunker doors. The rain has stopped and the wind was a light breeze...

☆☆☆

Back at the river...

Naiya was in the middle of a giant puddle.

Zephy was crashed on the ground.

Naiya was the first to get up. She groans as she slowly rises from the puddle. The water flows around her, not touching her, leaving the area where she rested dry.

She looks up and finds an
unconscious friend. "Zephyra!"

She gets up and runs to her. The water under her feet moving out of her way to make a path for her.

She crashes onto her knees beside her friend. She slides her hands under her to lift her up. She props her up in front of her and starts shaking her lightly.

After a while of shaking, Zephyra's eyes crack open. She begins to gain consciousness, feeling the shaking get more violent. She attempts to pull away.

"Zeph!" Nia pulls her into a hug but Zeph instantly pushes away.

"No need for hugs," Zeph mumbles.

"Aww." Nia drops her head.

Zeph groans. "Fine. But for one second."

"Yay!" Nia jumps and wraps her arms around her friend, tackling her down.

"One," Zeph grunts as she attempts to push Nia off her.

Nia lets go. The two sit there in silence.

Zeph breaks the silence. "Why would something like this happen to us?"

Naiya gasps. "I think we're elementals."

"Elementals?"

"You've never heard about the elementals?!"

Zeph shakes her head with a confused look.

Nia scoffs. "Elementals are beings like humans, only thing is is that they hold one of the elements of this world, usually one of the main four."

"Fire, water, earth, and air?"

"Yeah. Good to know you have that knowledge."

"It's logical..."

"Fine. It is."

"And from recent events, I'm guessing our elements are water and air."

"You know, it was scary...Being pulled down into the depths of the river. I panicked, having the thought of drowning. After a while though, the thought left and I could see the beauties of the river."