Meeting

Enjoy!

☆☆☆
Lea's house

Mr Myer comes out of the shelter with another box.

Mrs Myer cleans around the house with help from Ash and Lea.

"Thank you for helping, Ash," Mrs Myer says while putting the cleaning supplies away.

"It's no big deal," Ash responds.

"It is Ashton, you've gained my trust," Mr Myer says.

Ash hesitates, tugging a smile. Mr Myer usually doesn't call Ash by his name. About ninety-seven percent of the time, Mr Myer calls him "boy".

And as if he read his mind, Mr Myer tells him, "Don't get used to it, boy."

Ash sighs. "Um, I guess I should head back home and, uh, check on my mom." He waves them goodbye and walks out the front door then pauses.

The streets and sidewalks were flooded.

"Well, this is gonna be quite the trudge," Ash says as he continues on.

A small, soft hand grips his arm. Ash turns his head and is faced with Lea. She releases her grip. "You're not seriously going to walk through that," she says, doing a circling motion with her index finger at the street.

"I have to get home somehow."

"And that somehow is me driving you to your house," Mr Myer comes in, placing his hands on Lea's shoulders.

"Sir, I can't. Your car will get dirty and-"

"And nothin'. Boy, you need to remember you can't beat me in an argument."

"Yes, sir."

☆☆☆

"Ash!"

"Mom!"

The two go into a loving embrace.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're okay!" Ms Taylor says. She looks up and spots Mr Myer and Lea. She gets out of the embrace and holds onto Ash's shoulders as she greets the two. "Hello, Lea. Mr Chris."

"Ms Julia. It's been a while since we've last spoken."

"It has." Julia waves them in. "Come in, come in."

☆☆☆

Getting bored out of their mind sitting in the room with their chatting parents, Ash and Lea asked if they could walk around town. Ms Taylor gives them permission and the two decide to walk out to the outskirts of town.

"Dang," Ash says. "Good thing the tornado didn't head into Everly."

"It barely even touched our town," Lea observes.

They walk over to the forest outskirts, walking through the ripped trees.

Meanwhile, in the trees, Naiya and Zephyra watched in silence.

"The destruction of this is painful," Lea says. She places her hand on a tree and drags it along as she continues walking.

A light glow appears on the tree. Once Lea's hand loses touch, the glow fades.

"Lea..."

Lea turns her head and replies, "Yeah?"

"Place your hand on this tree again."

She turns fully. "Why..?"

"Just, see for yourself."

Lea places her hand on a branch and it starts glowing again but stronger this time.