Chapter One

Nic's POV

She said yes. Despite the arguments we'd had over and over again, she said yes. I didn't think she'd take the last page of my book so well. I knew she was confused with everything I'd said about myself and Elise.

But here I lay next to her; Josie, my girl.

"Hey babe." I kissed her cheek.

"Mmm. Good morning."

"Hi."

She supported her weight on her arms and met my gaze. "You're very smiley today."

I chuckled and kissed her lips. "I wonder why."

"Hmm. I don't know." She got up and walked to the bathroom.

"Oh, babe." I whined.

"Stop that Nic. No one likes a whiny baby. I have to pee. I didn't think you would appreciate that in your bed very much."

"Our bed." I mumbled.

She finished her business and stepped in the doorway. "What'd you say?"

I leaned over and looked at her, "I said "our bed". You said "your bed" but it's ours, Jos."

Her face went soft. "It's real isn't it?"

I nodded and she smiled lightly. "Seems unreal."

"I know, love."

"What are you going to tell Addie?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I hadn't thought much of it to be honest."

"I um, I'm going to shower first. How about you go wake her up, yeah?"

I smiled, "Sure babe." I hopped up and caught her arm before she closed the door. "Come here." She stepped up in front of me and I leaned down to her face. "I love you."

"I love you too." She whispered.

I left the room and went down the hall to Addie's. I pushed open the door and saw her sitting up in her bed; she was crying.

"Ads? What's wrong?" I crossed the room and kneeled next to the bed, but I instantly knew what was wrong. "Baby girl." I held out my arms and she latched on. "Come on. Let's go get you cleaned up.

"I'm sorry, Daddy."

"It's okay, princess. It happens." I walked us down stairs to the laundry room which has a toilet. I took her pants off and set her on the toilet. I put her pants in the washer along with my shirt and her nightgown.

Addie was still crying as she finished using the toilet. I kneeled beside her again and held her hand. "Ads, it's okay. It happens to everyone."

"But I was doing a good job always makin in to the toilet, Daddy. I messed up."

"Baby girl." I chuckled. "It's okay."

She continued to sob as I left her to go collect the dirty sheets from her bed.

As I walked out of her room with them, Josie stepped into the hallway.

"What's going on?"
"Ads wet her bed. She's upset about it."

"Oh, precious baby." She cooed.

I smiled. "Yeah, I think once I clean her up she'll be alright. How about you go on to work. I'll just drop her off a bit late at school."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I just want to be here for her right now."

"Ok, Nic. I'll see you later on then."