Chapter Seven

Christmas

Luke's POV

I stepped into my parent's house quietly. It was early in the morning and the last thing I wanted to do was wake them before they were ready. I went to the living room to sit down but I was surprised to see Casey asleep on the couch.

I kneeled down and shook him awake. "Case?"

He sat up and smiled, "Hey, Luke."

"Wha-what are you doing here?"

He sat up and patted the couch beside him. I sat and he took my hands in his. "Um, I think Nic told your mum that you were dating someone and she had him tell me to come by. I got here last night. Your mum tried to get me to sleep in your bed but that would be weird without you. So here I am, asleep on your parent's couch waiting for you."

I smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, Casey. I'm so happy you're here."

He smiled and took my face in his hands. "I love you, Luke. You know I'd do anything for you." He kissed me gently.

I stood and pulled him up with me. "Come on." I pulled him up the stairs and into the bedroom me mum had for me here. They've moved since I was a kid.

"I like this." He said softly as I stripped out of the clothes I'd sat on a plane in.

"Thanks. Mum's doing unfortunately."

"It's still you though, babe."

I smiled and kissed him again. "I suppose it is."

We got under the covers and cuddled and talked until Mum and Dad woke up and called us down for some breakfast.

***

Around noon, there was a knock on the front door. I looked at Mum and she nodded. "Go ahead and get it, Luke."

I went to the door, a bit confused as to who else was coming today. My sisters were already here. I opened the door and smiled; I shouldn't have been surprised.

"Hey Pike!" Cade said cheerfully. I stepped aside and let him in.

"What are you doing here?" I was about to close the door when I heard Nic's voice.

"Hey! Don't close that!" I looked out to the driveway and Addie came running up the sidewalk with Cade's little girl Marcy beside her.

"Uncle Lukey!" I kneeled down and hugged them both.

"Hey girls. How are you?"

"Good!" They both replied.

I stood and greeted Nic and Josie. "Hey."

"Hi, Luke. Sorry to surprise you like this." Josie hugged me.

"It's quite alright. Apparently Mum knew. She sent me to the door."

Cade laughed, "Of course she knew you dimwit."

"Cade." Josie scolded. He just shrugged.

"It's alright. Come on in." We all went into the dining room and Mum was already putting more place settings on the tables.

Once we were all seated, there was still one place empty. I looked at my parents. "Who else did you invite to dinner, Mum?"

Casey leaned over and touched my arm. "There's only one person missing, babe. You tell us."

I looked at Nic. "You and I are going to have a conversation later by the way. I assume its Ed then?"

He nodded. "Yeah. He's just running late."