Chapter Twelve

Ed's POV

The next morning I woke to the smell of eggs. My stomach growled as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning!" Allie smiled.

"Wow. Good morning, beautiful."

"Happy New Year."

"Yeah." I said softly as I sat down. I couldn't help but stare at her. She was even prettier in the light that was shining through the window.

She turned and faced me. "What's up?"

I shook my head, "You're fucking gorgeous." I said without hesitating.

She blushed. "Oh. Thank you." She turned back to the stove. I got up and stood behind, wrapping my arms around her. "Ed?"

"Yes?" I put my face in the crook of her neck.

"What are you doing?"

"Making sure you're real." I mumbled into her neck.

She giggled. "I'm real. You can trust me on that."

"Do I have to let go?"

Allie giggled again. "Do you want eggs?"

"Yes."

"Then you have your answer."

I let go and sat back down at the table. She brought over two plates with cheesy eggs and toast on them.

"Thank you, Allie. You didn't have to make breakfast."

"Yes I did." She smiled as she took a bite. Once she's swallowed it, she met my gaze. "You're helping me out, so I'm going to return the favor and cook for you."

"Every day?" I asked, my eyes wide.

She nodded. "Every day that you'll let me."

"Fuck it." I muttered before standing up, leaning over the table and placing my lips over hers. She kissed me back this time, softly. I put my hands on the back of her neck and hers went to my arms. "Allie." I said pulling away but putting my forehead against hers.

"Hmm?"

"Promise me you'll never go back to that arse."

She shook her head. "I won't." Her voice was quiet. "But um, I need to tell you something if the kissing is going to be a regular thing."

I sat down and nodded. "Okay?" I took another bite of egg.

"I'm pregnant."

My eyes went wide and my jaw dropped. I'd barely swallowed. "You're serious right now?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

My thoughts went back to the night before. "That's why he was yelling at you. He thinks it's someone else's. Doesn't he?"

Allie nodded again. "Yep."

"What are you going to do?" I asked, taking her hand in mine.

"I want to keep it." She said softly.

"That's good." I replied. I looked into her eyes, taking in the color. Emerald; same as mine.

"Really?"

I nodded. "Yes. I'll help you. I just got a new job that can help too."

"You just met me." She said with wide eyes.

I shrugged. "That means nothing. I want to help you. I told you I'd help you."

"Wow. Thank you, Ed."