Chapter 27

UNEDITED

*Rachel's POV*

Familiar voices seemed to surround me in every direction that I'm laying. A loud voice that I used to know so well, seemed so strange in my ears. Her voice somehow sounded like it was traveling the whole room until it came right up to my ear and stopped.

My eyes slowly fluttered open and shut immediately after. The bright lights from the room and incoming sun burned my eyes that have been shut for I'm sure 9 hours or so. This is why I have dark drapes that cover the majority of my windows. No one wants the sun in there eyes to be the first thing they see in the morning.

Cold air consumed me as someone ripped the warm blanket off of my body, exposing my bare legs. When the hell did I change and why did I put shorts on when it's zero degrees outside?

The blanket seemed to float in the air for a while, then suddenly dropped, showing the person behind it. Her once wild blonde hair is now tied back into a tight pony tail. She's dressed in a pair of leggings and probably a random shirt she found in her closet, the usual.

The actions of my body seemed to be traveling faster than my thoughts. My body sprang up from the couch and ran over to her, my arms wrapped around her and held her close.

Everything I was thinking last night suddenly vanished and I just stood there holding my best friend. Two or three months is too long without her. Hell, even a week is to long without her. Maybe it doesn't seem like her absence has affected me in any way, but deep down it did.

"Where the hell have you been!?" I pushed her away from me and tried to act pissed. She can't just disappear for however long she wants and not say anything! And here she is now, coming back like everything is normal. Okay maybe she hasn't said anything yet, but I know she can go back to the way things were just like that.

"Here, I've just been busy." She shrugged her shoulders like it was nothing and walked away. Alyssa rolled her eyes but didn't say anything about it.

Blake and Oliver suddenly ran down the steps with multiple bags in their hands and ran out the door with no words said. The drapes were pushed to the side, exposing everything outside. The boys threw the bags in the back on Blake's truck and came back in, I'm assuming to get more.

A pair of leggings and one of my volleyball shirts was placed in my hands by Ashley. She pointed her finger down the hall, most likely signaling for me to change.

I didn't ask any questions and quickly ran off to the powder room all the way at the end of the hallway.

An extra toothbrush was placed on the counter which I gladly picked up and used since I forgot mine. The grey leggings slid onto my bare legs and stuck in every place, making my legs look mighty fine. Perks of doing all those dreadful workouts for volleyball, at least I have good legs.

The long sleeve red t-shirt reached right to the top of my butt, not even thinking of covering it. Oh how nice, I mean why not show off the only good feature I have. I'm proud of what I have done there. It took a lot of sweat and blood to have a nice ass and nice legs, I'll show them off if I want.

"So is anyone going to tell me what's going on?" Noise seemed to fill my ears yet again once I walked out of the bathroom and towards the main room with my friends.