Chapter 45

not edited

*Blake's POV*

"How's Nate?" I asked trying to break the awkward silence. Over the last couple years, I've made an effort to check up on him every now and then. It wasn't the easiest, visiting him, since I had to make sure Rachel wasn't there and he wouldn't say anything to her, but I still made sure to do it.

"Go check on him, you'll get your answer."

"I already did, I was just trying to make conversation." Trying to get her attention away from the tv and on me, I shifted my body towards her, extending my legs so they are almost touching her.

"You visited my brother?" A small smile formed on her face, soon disappearing as she noticed it. I miss that the most about her, her smile, it's so damn cute and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I nodded my head yes, situating myself again, so my elbows are resting on my knees. "I'm not heartless, I had to make sure he was okay."

Her eyes squinted up at me for a minute or two as she thought of what to say. I can only imagine what snarky response she is going to have. Something along the lines of me never coming to visit her, or calling her, or texting her.

"So you managed to check on everyone while you were gone, except me?"

Do I know this girl, or do I know this girl? "I never said that."

"Well these last few weeks have been the only times I've seen you since you have left." She right, I haven't had the balls to actually see her face to face until now. All those other times I had to sneak around just to get a glimpse of her, I know, it sounds stalker-ish but I don't care. 

"Did you even think about me while you were gone?"

"Every day." I immediately responded, no trace of hesitation in my voice. 

I didn't think about her every day, I thought about her every hour, every minute. Not a second went by these last two years where she wasn't on my mind.

She didn't respond at first, her hazel eyes that used to be brown just stared into mine, as if trying to pull answers out of them. How did I not notice the small tint of green in her eyes until now? Shit, it just makes it even harder to look away, she is so beautiful.

"Good."

I stood over her laying body, she stared up at me, waiting for my next move. A low laugh escaped my mouth as she stared up at me with confusion. "Aww, was someone worried I forgot about them?"

She attempted to swat my hand away as I leaned down even further and squeezed her cheeks between my thumb and index finger. "Let me go." Her words were barely audible as I continued to squeeze her face together, earning a glare.

"Yeah because I'm ever going to do that again." I whispered to myself as I let go of her face. She stood up from the couch, jokingly pushing past me and moving towards the kitchen.

I glanced at the time on my phone, it's getting late and as much as I would love to stay, I'm sure Rachel wouldn't appreciate it. I should've stopped by the gym before coming here, I need to talk to Andy, I guess I'll just have to go tomorrow.

Those light eyes searched up and down my face, her lips parting as they landed on mine. A small smirk formed on my face as I caught her staring at my lips. 

Red traveled up her neck, settling on her cheeks. She moved her gaze away from me, redirecting it towards the ground, her cheeks becoming even more red.

I love when I catch her staring at me. Not to sound all girly and shit, but it lets me know she is still somewhat interested in me, and that's not a bad feeling.