Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. All content is based off of "Sword Art Online" and their owners.

Note: This story happens after the whole thing, therefore it means it happens when Kirito is re-defeating Aincrad with his friends.

July 24 2028 10:00 P.M. Floor 47 Floria

That night, after Yui went to sleep, Asuna and Kirito could be found on floor 47, on a bench in Floria. Asuna played with her ring as she leaned her head on his shoulder. Kirito was thinking about quite the same thing, rubbing the silver band on his finger, the familiar weight that he loved, but now was unsure what to think of it. Finally, he turned to Asuna, forcing her to pull her head up to look at him as he spoke, "Asuna, I know, our feelings are real, and this is all now real. But, what about our marriage? I mean, do we have to legally get married again? I mean I would love that, to see you in a wedding dress would probably be stunning, because you're beautiful anyways, but then I'd have to think of a way to propose, and Yui wouldn't have married parents yet. Sometimes, this weight on my finger has become a necessity. Then, if we are, what about our parents?"

Asuna looked at him then tilted her head. "Idiot"she replied, her voice cracking a little. She knew exactly what he was thinking, but having him say it to her made her mad. "But I don't really deserve you. You're..."he got lost in thought, and Asuna cried, "I never thought of this as virtual reality. I thought of this as a different reality that other people should accept because it is part of us. This is what it is. They just suck it up. I don't care what anybody else thinks. But you. It hurts that you'd doubt our marriage. You doubt it when you ask whether its reality or not. It h-has been reality since that day in SAO w-when you asked me to marry you. I-I never cared if I n-never had a wedding." She was sobbing by now. Kirito wanted to pull him to her chest. But instead he did something else. He got off the bench, turned to face her, holding her hands, wiped her face with the back of his hands, that soft, beautiful face.

Asuna was surprised. The determination on his face, she had never seen, except when it was life and death, and that first time he proposed in SAO. His eyes looked right into her eyes, and he promised her, "Asuna, I can't promise to make you feel happy every moment of your life. But I can and have promised that I will protect you with my life. I know you would do that too. So, let's get married again when this is all over. With a grand, proper wedding. With our familys' blessings. We'll open an insitution where we'll teach and research for the good of the people." Asuna nodded, eyes shining. It was wondrous how serious and romantic he could be, only with a few sentences. How determined he was. She couldn't care less that he had technically proposed two times, and both times without a single ring or flower, but that was Kirito. Her Kirito. It had been just as wondrous, amazing, and romantic both times.

That night, back in the their little house, Asuna watched Kirito sleep. So young and naive just then, so relaxed. Relieved of his burdens, promises, and responisibilities as the Black Swordsman, the Beater, Kirito, for at least several hours in the nighttime. For a young man, of only twenty years old. But that relaxed demeanor, with unmeasurable determination hidden behind was what she had fallen for.

July 24 2028 Yuuki Mansion

Shouzou Yuuki was no fool. But he knew if he didn't do something, something using his power, he would never know if his daughter was still alive. That perhaps her death meant another life somewhere. Even if this would be his last time before he gave his company to his son, he had to do something. He grabbed the phone on his desk, and punched in the numbers. "I want something done,"Shouzou Yuuki commanded right after the phone connected.