Chapter 24

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. All content is based off of "Sword Art Online" and their owners.

Note: This story happens after the whole thing, therefore it means it happens when Kirito is re-defeating Aincrad with his friends.

Tuesday October 31st 2028 8:00 Floor 50 Algade

Early in the morning, Kirito, Asuna, Silica, and Yui stepped into Taren's house. All four of them hesitated at the sight of a young boy, perhaps a year older than Yui, sitting at the table. He had thick glasses at the end of his nose, but otherwise, he looked exactly like Kirito. Unlike Yui, he wore no costume for Halloween. Yui was dressed in an angel costume. Taren closed the door behind him, and introduced, "Meet my nephew, my eldest brother, the one older than Taashi's son. Kan Takashahi." Then he lowered his voice considerably, and explained, "My brother went a while I was in SAO. His mother just died a little while ago. Taashi has no time with his job, and I don't really either. He's been antisocial since my brother left, and hasn't talked at all in the months that his mother has been gone."

Yui took one look at him and bound over, asking with pure curiousity, "Don't you want to dress up for Halloween, Kan?" The boy looked up, blinked in surprise, before giving one nod. "What would you want to be?"Yui pressed further. To everyone's surprise, Kan opened his mouth, and answered, "A swordsman. Daddy always said I'd be a great swordsman if I tried." Kirito laughed at that, walked over, and kneeled next to Kan. "Well, what if instead of dressing up in a costume, we get you good looking clothes like mine, and I'll get you two blades, just like mine, and I'll train you as my successor,"Kirito suggested. Kan nodded vigurously. Taren stared at Kan with a wide mouth, and then said the smartest thing ever, "Kan just talked. Twice." Then promptly, his pillow was thrown at him, hitting him right in the face. As well as a glare from Silica.

A while later, Kirito, Yui, and Kan were found in Lisbeth's shop. Lisbeth stared at Kirito, because of the request he had just placed. He was giving a boy that was barely ten, two swords. And training the boy. Kirito's exact words had been, "Hi Lisbeth. This is Kan, and I need two swords like mine to train him." Finally Lisbeth sighed, and murmured, "I'll never understand what you're up to. Klein just laughed, "Way to go, Kirito. You've got an apprentice, and you're just 20!" Lisbeth walked back over, with a lump of crystallite ingot, and a new sword. The color ranged from yellow to red, and looked quite a bit like a flame version of the Elucidator. Except slightly lighter, and not as sturdy. But this was the best she had at the time, it had taken her forever to craft. "This is the Firesbane. It isn't as good or as heavy, but it should do if you're training him. With this crystallite ingot, I can make something like the Dark Repulser,"Lisbeth explained, gesturing as she did so. Kirito nodded, shoved his hand into his coat and pulled out a large pouch of money. "That should be enough to cover the costs. I'll be back in an hour to get both swords. I'll look forward to seeing your latest work of art. And Klein, I'm sorry to take your time with Lisbeth away. An hour is enough right?"Kirito asked. Lisbeth snorted, "With my skills, from the Incident, an hour is too much. And don't apologize to Klein. I think I'm spending too much time with him anyways." "Hey! What does that mean?"Klein retorted, as Kirito wheeled the two kids around, and out the door, holding one of their hands in his.

Kirito and the kids walked into Ashley's. Ashley was working on something, but placed her stuff down, and leaned over the counter with a smirk, and greeted, "Kirito. Always a challenging one. But you know if you just want kids' clothes I'm not doing it. It's not challenging enough." There was a nasty tone in the sentence about the kids, but Kirito ignored it, and instead told her, "I want a cloak and two sheaths just like mine, as a Halloween present for Kan here, my apprentice." "And my new best friend!"Yui quipped in gleefully. Kirito allowed himself a small smiled, at that, and added, "And Yui's best friend." "Now, that is a little bit more challenging. Time limit?"Ashley answered with a small smile. "One hour,"Kirito replied. Ashley nodded, and then herded them into the tailoring room.

An hour later, Kirito, Yui, and Kan stepped back into Lisbeth's shop. Kan now wore a cloak that Closely resembled the Cloak of Midnight, and two sheaths already strapped onto his chest. Klein smirked at the site of a mini Kirito with glasses. "Good job, now all Kan needs is two swords, and charm like yours!"Klein teased. Kirito had no need to enter, as Kan answered quietly, "A-actually, I like this." Kirito smirked at Klein. A truly great apprentice already. Lisbeth walked back over. This time the on the counter was the Firesbane, as well as one that closely resembled the Dark Repulser. "This is the Firesbane and Light Repulser. The light repulser is not as heavy, but should be just as strong. I tried to make it so that the Firesband and Light Repulser should work well together. You're good to go. Counted the payment already,"Lisbeth told Kirito. Kirito nodded, and looked expectantly at Kan. Kan walked forward and picked up the two swords, holding onto their hilts with a tight grip. He noticeably sagged, as he stepped backwards. His arms quivered with tension. Yet he let out no sound. Kirito nodded, with a satisfied smile, and helped Kan get the swords onto his back. Kan didn't quite stand up straight, but it was better than before. He wasn't shaking anymore from the tension at least.

That night, Kirito took them trick and treating near the Yuuki Mansion. Yui was so attached to Kan, she wouldn't let him leave, and Kiouchirou liked the silent little boy too. So, they called Taren, who was glad to hear that he didn't have to take care of a boy he wasn't ready to take care of, and they arranged everything. Kan was basically part of the family, and Yui's best friend. It was the best 1st Halloween she could ever have asked for.