Chapter 15

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. All content is based off of "Sword Art Online" and their owners.

Note: This story happens after the whole thing, therefore it means it happens when Kirito is re-defeating Aincrad with his friends.

September 2nd 2028 11:00 Floor 48

Everyone was gathered in Lisbeth's shop, all engrossed in the same conversation. Suddenly, Kirito stood up and announced, "Me and Asuna are planning to retire as Commander and Vice Commander. We'll still be part of the front lines. But we're going to start an Institution, and renovate our house. We're really going to settle down." Their friends looked at them in shock. Everyone knew the day would come that the two Heroes of Aincrad would need to settle down, but it was still hard to imagine them working regular jobs in Aincrad, and not commanding the front lines.

Kirito, however, didn't stop there. He turned to Asuna, and he said, "Right here, in front of all our friends, Asuna, I promise you that I'll get your mother's permission, and marry you again after the baby is born. In a proper wedding. The grandest wedding Aincrad has seen, even if I go broke!" Asuna blushed, then whacked him in the head. "If you go broke, then that would mean I would be too, and then we wouldn't have enough money to support ourselves, not to mention two children,"Asuna laughed. Everyone laughed at that. Klein jumped off the counter. "While everyone is talking about happy announcements, I want to announce something,"Klein declared. He grabbed a very bashful, and surprised Lisbeth's hand, and pulled it up before announcing, "I finally got a girl to say yes to me!" Everyone burst out in a fit of laughter. Klein would always be an idiot. It was just that now, somebody had finally claimed this idiot. "Alright then. For these two couples, I guess we need a toast! Lunch is my treat at 57th floor, Marten!"Agil announced.

September 2nd 9:00 Floor 22

Asuna sighed, leaning her head against Kirito's shoulder like the night before, his arm around her. Before she could say anything though, Midori walked out of the bedroom, and sat down on the opposite couch. Sensing that they probably needed to talk alone, Asuna announced, "I'm going to take a bath. A really long one. So don't worry about me." Asuna squeezed Kirito's hand in encouragement, Kirito watched her in puzzlement why she had squeezed his hand in a way that reassured him as she walked away. He suddenly got it, when his mother said, "We need to talk."

Kirito ran his hand through his hair. This had been bound to happen. He hadn't even really opened up and talked to her after the SAO incident. After saving Asuna, he'd been engrossed with his friends, ALO, school, especially during the time of Yuuki's death. Kirito looked out the window, looking at the leaves that were going to change soon, and fall. "Kirito, look at me. I know some things that happened in SAO you don't want to talk about, because it's affected you deeply emotionally, and things that happened afterwards, even though I want you to. But at least tell me fully what is going on now,"Midori said, starting the dreaded conversation. Kirito sighed, took a deep breath, and explained everything that had happened, from the beginning of SAO, to now, Asuna's condition, and their future plans. (Leaving out the PDA, little secrets, quirks, his feelings, and private things he'd done with Asuna that nobody will ever really know, except the two of them.)

September 2nd 2028 10:00 Floor 22

Due to this conversation, Asuna, also took, a very long one hour bath. It wasn't like it wasn't nice. It really was, with the buble bath soap that Kirito had gotten for the things he'd planned for July 4th. It's just that, usually Asuna did things practically, and didn't take time to do stuff like that, because a one hour bath, was definitely not practical, if you were in a rush, or if it were regular circumstances. Asuna had been daydreaming with her eyes closed, up to the collarbone in soap, when Kirito stepped into the bathroom, opening, then closing the door, locking it behind him, pulling down the lid of the toilet and sitting on top. Asuna had kept it unlocked, knowing Yui and Midori wouldn't come in, and Kirito could reach her if he needed her. Asuna opened her eyes, and turned her eyes, gazing at him with a soft smile, like the night he'd first proposed that they get married in game, and move into this very house.

"So, you clear things up with Mrs. Kirigaya yet?"Asuna asked. Kirito frowned, and answered, "Yeah. She's fine with everything. But...she said that Da-, I mean, Suguha's dad, didn't receive the news very well when she decided to quit and retire. He got into a car crash the day after. He died in the hospital June 26. Ma never made it to Europe. She didn't know. I don't think Ma has told Suguha yet." "Well, I guess that's something you'll have to tackle another day. You've faced one of the things you dread, at least, right?"Asuna reassured him, "So... tomorrow's the day that we all get to take a hour to go and meet our parents and decide what happens, huh? So, since you bypassed rules, and Midori is already here, I guess, we just have to hope, that we get pass my mom. I mean, it's not like it would change anything if we can't convince her. I'm already married to you, and having our second child. I would just feel better if she did." "I promised you I'd convince her, and that's what will happen, end of discussion,"Kirito said firmly. Asuna couldn't help but smile at his determination.

Asuna wound a towel around her, and stepped out of the bath. "We should get to sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day, and after that a bunch of long days arranging who will take over for us, the renovations, and you probably still haven't chosen your partners for the Institute yet, have you?"Asuna asked, a rhetorical question. Kirito cocked his head, the pulled Asuna by the hand, takign her by surprise, and she landed on his left leg. "What?"Asuna laughed. Kirito placed his hand on his stomach. "Is that a small baby bump?"Kirito asked, barely audibly. Asuna looked down at his hand, placing hers over his, and nodded. Kirito looked up, and kissed her. "Thank you. For always giving me something to be happy about even in a time of chaos,"Kirito whispered in her ear, causing her to shiver.

September 3rd 2028 8:00 Floor 1

Kirito and Asuna conducted the helicopters and many people going in and out, checking off checklists. Today, they wore regular clothes. Asuna in her yellow sweater and tan skirt, and Kirito in his black sweater, pants and shoes. They would be one of the very last people to be allowed, because they were officials of Aincrad, conducting the traffic. The list was very abstract, since some people had used their in game name as their new official name, their old names, or both combined together. Agil had used his given name, although it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyways, because they were sorted by first names, alphabetically, since some didn't use their last names, since many had used their in game name. However, former AI and NPC's weren't on this list, because they didn't really have family outside of Aincrad to discuss things with.

"Hey Agil. I guess you're going to Dicey Cafe to figure things out with your wife?"Kirito asked, as Agil stepped from the line to be checked off from the list, and appointed a helicopter or plane. Agil grinned and nodded, then Kirito pointed to helicopter C-4. Well, at least that's what it said on the makeshift launchpads they'd made. They would need to make an airport soon, so people could easily get on and off Aincrad. Then there was Silica, sorted by the name of Keiko, Lisbeth(Rika), Klein(Ryoutarou), and next, was Recon(Shinichi), Sinon(Shino), Leafa(Suguha). By then, it was around 4:00, and the last of the people were boarding helicopters.

The higher ups in the front lines, now all turned to Kirito and Asuna. The two of them assigned each of the former players a helicopter, then boarded one, with Thinker and Yulier, who'd stayed to help them out. Asuna was started to get an idea of who to put on her list of candidates for the new Commander and Vice Commander.