Chapter 1

It's been two months since my mom died. I can't function. I wanted her to see her grandchildren, see me get married, see the ring, see him. But now that'll never happen. She had cancer since I was a toddler. When I was six the doctors she got cancer in her in her hip. Then one day it just came back. Right underneath her rib cage.

At least I'm not living with my dad. And his twenty-two year old wife. Allison. That two faced bitch was one of my moms students in high school. A little fucked I know but, he's out if my life so ...

Anyway I'm so excited for this year because I'm studying my dream courses, sketches and writing. When I was in high school I used to make my own sketches. Stupid I know but I enjoyed it.

Since my mom died I've been living with my Aunt Carrie. First I lived in Marshfield, then I moved to Braintree where Aunt Carrie lives, and now Boston. To Emerson. My dream school, for my dream studies.

I just remember my mom being so excited when I got excepted. I remember her putting her hand over her mouth and her eyes watering when she opened to the envelope. That's a day I'll never forget.

Next Day

~~

I hear my phone vibrate. I try to open my eyes, but I can't, they're glued shut. I finally roll over on my left and look at the little sliver of sun coming through my curtains. I hear my phone vibrate again. I finally get up off my ass and I grab my phone. I turn it on. I immediately turn down my brightness before I go blind. I see the messages that I didn't look at on my lock screen.

It said

~~

Auntie Care : "Are you going to my dinner tonight, it starts at 6:00, hopefully I'll see tonight, love you".

Ever since I was a baby my family an I have been having annual dinners once a week. We're not Italian. We just love eating at each other's houses. But this time it wasn't at Aunties Carrie's house it was at her step son Michael's apartment. I didn't mind, I've known all of since 6th grade. The other message was just from PLNDR telling me that they had a 40% percent off everything sale.

I walk down the hall of my apartment and walk into the kitchen. I try to put together a healthy breakfast, some eggs with a cup of fruit. Then I bring all the calories back up when I pour myself a huge glass of chocolate milk.

That totally killed it.

Once I'm down with breakfast I wash my dishes and glass and put it in the dishwasher. It's pretty late to have breakfast, being as it's already 12:00. I have a couple of hours to kill so I decide to go shopping.

I hop inside my car and turn on the engine. It's fucking freezing outside in December so I turn on the heat all the way.

I go down to Down Town Crossing where my favorite stores are. I head down to H&M. I love H&M, especially their sweaters. In my opinion the men's section has the best sweaters, for some reason I've really been loving the whole over-sized sweater look, so the men have the best stock of them.

As I walk through the section I see the most stunning man I've ever seen.