Safe Now

I do hope you enjoy! 

"Ezra don't look down!" Kanan ordered as the six year old glanced down to the deep chasm below.

Blue eyes turned back to him as Kanan reached for the child just out of his grasp.

"Kanan! Kanan, I'm slipping!" Ezra cried tightening his grip on the rock ledge.

"It's okay, I gotcha," Kanan soothed even if he wasn't sure things were going to turn out alright.

The child felt tears slipping down his face because he knew Kanan couldn't reach him. The man who had taken him in and cared for him was too far way. The rocks began crumbling under his hands.

"Kanan!" He cried in fear.

The man was within inches of grabbing him when the rocks gave way and Ezra fell.

"NOO!"

A loud thud alerted Kanan from his spot next to Hera in the cockpit.

'What was that?" She asked putting the ship in auto.

"Sounded like it came from the cabins," Kanan said getting up. "I'm gonna check on Ezra."

Hera watched worriedly before following him out.

Ezra was woken when he hit the floor of his bedroom. He curled into a ball whimpers escaping from his throat. Kanan opened the door and gasped seeing his little guy on the floor shaking.

"Ezra?" He hurried over to the small form turning him over gently. "Ezra, come on talk to me."

Blue eyes snapped open and stared at Kanan for a few seconds before reaching up, wanting to be held.

"Come here Buddy," Kanan cooed gently wrapping the child into a hug.

Ezra buried his face against Kanan's neck and started crying.

"Shh...," Kanan soothed running a hand through the boy's short hair.

"Are you alright?" He asked looking up at the bunk. "Did you hit your head?" 

Ezra shook his head still crying.

"It's okay, I gotcha," Kanan soothed standing to his feet.

"That's what you said," the child whispered.

Looking down into the tear filled eyes Kanan sighed and carried him to the common room. Hera looked up eyes softening at the sight of her husband carrying the small child both of them had come to love in such a short time. She can still remember the day they found Ezra.

Flashback.

"Alright Kanan you were right," Hera laughed.

"About what Dear?" Kanan said slyly.

"Tonight was a good night for a walk," she said before glancing around.

Seeing no one in sight she pushed Kanan into an alley.

"Hera what are you doing?" He asked wide eyed.

"Something crazy," she chuckled leaning in for a kiss.