Voices

So I watched the new episode of Rebels (Visions and Voices) and all I have to say is wow! Although I will admit that there was a few missed opportunities in the show. Anyway please enjoy the chapter. 

Ezra POV

I knew something was off as soon as I woke up.  

"Ezra, come on Kid," Dad called knocking on my door as I finished getting ready for the day.

I turned to leave when  a whisper reached my ears. I gave a glance around my room but found nothing.

"Wierd," I muttered opening the door.

Dad gave me a funny look, but I smiled at him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing, I thought I heard something," I said walking toward the ramp.

I heard him shrug and follow me. When we reached the ramp, I looked up into the sky.

"Looks like that storm is going to be a doozy," Dad said as I heard the whisper again.

Looking around I could have sworn I saw something.

"Hey, you okay?" Dad asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

I looked up at him to tell him but the words died in my throat. I was fourteen, I didn't need to be babied. Instead I shook my head and together we walked over to the debriefing.

Kanan POV

Ezra's acting very weird. He keeps glancing around like someone is out to get him. As Hera kept going on and on about the mission, my thoughts were on my son. Something is very wrong.

Ezra POV

Okay, maybe I should have told Dad that I was hearing things. The whispers were getting louder and now I was seeing someone I never wanted to again. Maul.

"Ezra!" Maul growled.

I jerked sideways and knocked into Dad.

"Son what's wrong?" He asked gently, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I saw Maul again and jumped back hitting Zeb.

"Kid you okay?" He asked.

Maul passed between the crates chuckling.

"There," I pointed.

"Kid there is nothing there," Zeb said looking before turning back to me.

Now I was freaked. The chuckling became cruel laughter as my panic heightened.

"You don't look very good," Mom said worried as I  turned to her.

Dad grabbed my arm turning me to him.

"Ezra what do you see?" He asked trying to make sense of my emotions.

"EZRA!" Maul growled right behind me.

I spun around to see him standing there grinning at me.

"Come Apprentice."

My brain not being able to handle the panic shut down and I blacked out.

Kanan POV

"Ezra!" I yelped as my boy fainted falling onto holoprojection table.

"Kanan, what's happening?" Hera asked fear making her voice crack slightly.

"I don't know," I said placing a hand on his forehead and dove into the force.

There was so much fear and panic that his mind was in turmoil. Coming back into reality, I heard Zeb trying to wake him.

"Ezra," I said trying to get a response but he remained still.

Quickly I gathered him into my arms and ran to the ship vaguely aware of the others following me.

A few hours later. 

NPOV

The crew was in the common room waiting for the kid to come to and discussing what could have happened to him. Kanan was deep in thought when  the force whispered saying his boy was about to wake up. Getting up, he ran to the teen's room, with the others close behind. Kneeling by Ezra's side, Kanan sent calming waves to him encouraging the boy to wake up.

"Wake up," he said as the teen came too.

Ezra jerked awake looking for Maul but was met with a kind smile.

"Ezra it's okay, you're safe," Kanan said placing his hands on the boy's knee and shoulder.

"What happened Hun?" Hera asked worriedly.

Ezra groaned sitting up from the bed.

"I saw Maul, at the debriefing. He was there laughing, scaring the heck out of me. Telling me that it was time to come to him," Ezra admitted.

Hera POV

My poor baby; no wonder he was so freaked at the meeting. From what  Kanan told me about Malachor, I knew he must still be traumatized. The worst part was there was nothing I could do to help him.

Sabine POV

I bit my lip seeing how scared Ezra looked. Kanan and Hera exchanged glances, protectiveness making their features darken slightly.

Zeb POV

I bit back a growl at the mention of the whatever he was. Maul was taunting my little brother and if I ever saw him again I would have to knock his head in.

"Eh...if you asked me, the Kid has been working to hard," I laughed nervously before backing out the door with Sabine and Chopper following.

Kanan POV

I growled lowly pulling my son closer to me. He just turned, burying his face into my chest, trying to muffle his sobs.

"Shh...Little Light, it's okay, it's okay," I whispered pulling him onto my lap.

He was scared and I didn't blame him one bit. That creature betrayed us, blinded me, threatened our family, and has tried to take him on several occasions.

I felt Hera leave and held my boy tighter letting him know that he was safe.

Ezra POV

I whimpered feeling Dad's arms tighten around me.

"Papa."

"Sh..." he whispered running a hand through my hair. "I'm here, I won't let him hurt you."

I didn't care if I was acting like a baby, I snuggled into his hold suddenly feeling exhausted.

"Sleep Son," he whispered.

Letting my eyes drift shut, I heard a deep chuckle letting me know that he was still there. 

Hope you enjoyed this and Merry Christmas!