Are we really the bad guys?

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. With everything going I decided to make this as fluffy as I could. Please enjoy!

Ezra POV

It was supposed to be a simple mission, attack a weapons factory on Lothal and get out. However it only turned out to be a trap. After being separated from Zeb and Sabine, Dad and I was pinned down by a squad of troopers. I hit what I could with my small pistol but was running low on ammo. 

"Spector Three, need a little help," Dad growled ducking back down. 

"I would give it but I'm low on ammunition," I said. 

"Why didn't you reload it before we came!" 

"I did, who do you think  shot the troopers before we got pinned!" 

"Gah, this is just perfect," he muttered grabbing his comm. "Specter Two, give me some good news."

"Not much to tell you Spector One, I thought you said was going to be a simple job," Mom snarked.

"It was, I guess the Empire is getting smarter. Any sign of Spectors Five and Six?"

"Yes, they're on the roof."

Wait how did they get on the roof? Shaking my head slightly I looked around for an escape when the force blared a warning. Looking over my shoulder I noticed a walker activate and turn its gun toward us.

"Less flirting, we need to move," I said taking off.

"Spector Thre..." he went to scold but heard the whine of the walker's gun and quickly took off after me. 

After what seemed like forever, we were able to lose the troopers but was met with a locked door.

"It must be on lock down," I said going over to the panel.

"Forget it Son, if it's locked down, you aren't going to be able to hack it," Dad said grabbing his comm. "Spector Two?"

"I'm here, sorry I had to grab Five and Six and now dodging ties," Mom answered.

"Well don't worry about us, we've got another way out. I'll call when we're ready for a pick up," he said replacing the device.

I opened my mouth to ask what he had in mind when he pulled out his saber and stabbed the door. I chuckled as they sprung open instantly.

"Well if you want to do it the easy way..."

"Why wouldn't you want to do it the easy way? It's the easiest," Dad snarked replacing his saber.

I went to responded when a blaster bolt hit above my head.

"Time to go," Dad said grabbing my arm.

Together we made our way out of the facility only to be met with a raging storm. Glancing back we could see the approaching troopers before looking outside.

"Rather have you sick than captured," Dad muttered kneeling. "Hop on."

Deciding not to question it, I quickly jumped onto his back and held on as Dad ran into the storm.

Kanan POV

Having Ezra on my back slowed me down a bit but I meant what I said. I would much rather have him sick than captured.

"Dad," Ezra whimpered as a bolt of lightening stuck close by.

"Hang on Buddy," I said holding him tighter.